Good riddance May weather, June looking better, Hope it keeps improving...

InternetAgeTraveler

As part of my project to compile Alaska cruise time lapse videos over the last 3 cruise seasons, I can tell you without a doublt that May 2012 saw a lot more rain and clouds than 2010 and 2011. Many cruises got rain in multiple ports. Fortunately Glacier Bay for those who went there, had good weather and some cruises had spectacular days there. I am still posting the cruises, but check out my channel which now has over 300 time lapse videos including several ports.

http://www.youtube.com/user/InternetAgeTraveler#g/u

including these 2 port cams

I cruised May 19 - June 2 and encountered very little rain. It was cooler than normal but we had great weather for the most part. I can think of 2 days where there was some rain (Whittier and in Ketchikan for a short time).

i cruised may 18-25 no rain in port only at sea

That was sort of what we encountered also. It was obvious when we hit some ports that it had rained that morning in the port but it was fine when we got there. There apparently was a downpour in Ketchikan for a short time period - not sure where I was as I missed it. Whittier and Ketchikan had some mist but not that big of a deal. I thought the weather was cooler than normal but we had great weather on the trip.

When I looked at weather forecasts, it appeared that it was going to rain most days but we didn't encounter that.

Archived