Greek Beaches Close to Port

cruiser4321

Hey all,

I'll be in Corfu, Argostoli, and Santorini on HAL in early August and was wondering if there were any suggestions for a good beach that is close to the port. Preferably in the first two ports since I've heard/read Santorini is great. I'd love to find a beach close to the port (walking distance would be ideal) for just a relaxing day.

Thanks so much!

Hi

We are on that cruise also and I am busy researching our ports of call. We are also looking into the beach situation in Corfu and Argostoli. I will let you know if I find out anything useful My husband is going to dive in Corfu and I am going to have a quiet day with my son.

I will watch the post and see if anyone can help us out with some tips and advice.

It is not going to happen (within walking distance) in Santorini. All the beaches are a bus ride, taxi or rental car away from Fira. As to Argostoli (we were just there in early May) the nearest beach would be a little more then 2 miles from the port (its called Makris Gialos). But this island has some even more fantastic beaches located about 15 miles from the port area which is a good reason to just rent a car and explore.

Hank

I'll be in Corfu, Argostoli, and Santorini on HAL in early August and was wondering if there were any suggestions for a good beach that is close to the port. Preferably in the first two ports since I've heard/read Santorini is great. I'd love to find a beach close to the port (walking distance would be ideal) for just a relaxing day.

I also recommend getting out and seeing the island of Kefalonia when in Argostoli. The island is beautiful, especially up in the town of Fiskardo. Have you seen the movie Captain Corelli's Mondolin w/ Nicholas Cage and Penelope Cruz? It was filmed in Kefalonia. However, if its a beach you really want, the nicest beach I saw was Mythos Beach. It's a bit of a drive to get there though.

Archived