Dining advice please

sez809

We have reserved late dining for the four of us on our upcoming Grand cruise, this summer. We are travelling with friends and hope that we will be able to link the tables to form a table of eight, amongst ourselves. As we have booked through differing agents, I have had our TA put in this request, but our friends, whilst lovely, are somewhat tardy, and despite reminders from us have yet to do likewise.

If we have not arranged this before we sail (assuming they still want to eat with us!!!:eek:) I know we can approach the Maitre D on the day of embarkation with our request.

My question is this, assuming the worst, that we cannot link our tables, what is the protocol (ie allowed/frowned on etc) for transferring to Anytime, with a view to dining as a group. Is this possible, not acceptable or even not likely to be possible?

Of course the simplest would be to sort this NOW, but hey...... I HAVE tried, honestly!:rolleyes:

I'd bet they'd let you switch to Anytime... any time. We had Anytime on our latest cruise and it was wonderful. We got right in and could even get private tables for 4 any of the nights that we wanted (although we like to share so we often did). We never waited more than a few minutes. We like to eat between 6:30-7:00p. I'm not sure what it would be like so much later.

Tom

We have reserved late dining for the four of us on our upcoming Grand cruise, this summer. We are travelling with friends and hope that we will be able to link the tables to form a table of eight, amongst ourselves. As we have booked through differing agents, I have had our TA put in this request, but our friends, whilst lovely, are somewhat tardy, and despite reminders from us have yet to do likewise.

If we have not arranged this before we sail (assuming they still want to eat with us!!!:eek:) I know we can approach the Maitre D on the day of embarkation with our request.

My question is this, assuming the worst, that we cannot link our tables, what is the protocol (ie allowed/frowned on etc) for transferring to Anytime, with a view to dining as a group. Is this possible, not acceptable or even not likely to be possible?

Of course the simplest would be to sort this NOW, but hey...... I HAVE tried, honestly!:rolleyes:

You will not have a problem with 8. Switch to ATD and they will give you a round table for 8 if you ask.

To switch to AD, just talk to the Maitre 'd. It will be easy to do. The problem will be if the couple who can't get around to asking the TA to link you is as prompt showing up for dinner.

Or does not show up to ask the Matre d' for the switch

Or does not show up to ask the Matre d' for the switch

Indeed! Ditto the showing up for dinner! They are lovely folks but ..........

Or maybe, just maybe its us they wish to avoid at meal times????? Perish the thought!!!;)

Thanks for the advice whatever. Something will get sorted, I am sure.

Sarah

Archived