Riviera's TA crossing

allyg

My husband and I are considering a combo Med cruise followed by the Riviera's TA crossing November,2012. Since we have never done a crossing, I welcome any comments. I know November's weather can be iffy.

We were on the Marina for her crossing mid-March to early April. Was quite mild out in the Atlantic. Also a B2B, but on the Odyssey around Portugal & Spain. Weather then was cooler (& some rain) vs. the crossing. We were on the Silver Spirit for a January crossing. Once we got to the Canary Islands, weather got mild for the crossing.

So I think you'll find it a bit cool for the first couple of days, but then getting nicer as you head southwest. Enjoy! :)

We did the Marina TA last Nov. and had wonderful weather and great seas. Only one short time in the Med where there was any unusual movement of ship and we were in cabin 10004 at bow of vessel.

Bill

Each year, amongst our other cruises, we do a crossing in November. We have done this for the past ten years. Sometimes the weather is lovely and the sailing is smooth and sometimes we hit rough seas for a day or so. Crossings are lovely if you want a quiet and restful cruise. You get to play Trivia and Bingo daily, attend lectures and demonstrations and kick back and just relax.

We always do the Barcelona to Miami route, so that when we return we don't have to deal with jet lag. I would highly recommend one.

Each year, amongst our other cruises, we do a crossing in November. We have done this for the past ten years. ...

We always do the Barcelona to Miami route, so that when we return we don't have to deal with jet lag. I would highly recommend one.

Wow, when I grow up I want to be like you! We've booked our first ever crossing on Riviera in November '13, and I am very much looking forward to starting a new trend!

Each year, amongst our other cruises, we do a crossing in November. We have done this for the past ten years. Sometimes the weather is lovely and the sailing is smooth and sometimes we hit rough seas for a day or so. Crossings are lovely if you want a quiet and restful cruise. You get to play Trivia and Bingo daily, attend lectures and demonstrations and kick back and just relax.

This is exactly why we booked Barcelona to Miami... skip the jet lag when we need to go back to work. ;)

Wow, when I grow up I want to be like you! We've booked our first ever crossing on Riviera in November '13, and I am very much looking forward to starting a new trend!

We plan to be with you on this crossing.

~Doris~

We were on the Marina for her crossing mid-March to early April. Was quite mild out in the Atlantic. Also a B2B, but on the Odyssey around Portugal & Spain. Weather then was cooler (& some rain) vs. the crossing. We were on the Silver Spirit for a January crossing. Once we got to the Canary Islands, weather got mild for the crossing.

So I think you'll find it a bit cool for the first couple of days, but then getting nicer as you head southwest. Enjoy! :)

Have done six west bound crossings in Spetember and October. All but one far too calm to be interesting.. two with nary a whitecap. :cool:

Archived