Will there be a sale on Monday?

CRUISING71

CCLs "sales" are just a marketing ploy to attract new bookings. They rarely offer a true, lower sale price. They will often offer some incentive with a higher price. No reason to wait for a great sale from CCL.

The "sales" usually only benefit the new cruiser... The Memorial day sale did nothing for me, my daughter, or her 3 friends cruising with us, all past cruisers. All booked ES. They upped the price then offered OBC. It would have cost us more at these rates.

However, a friend of mine and her husband are also cruising with us. First timers that I told about our cruise... the sale got them a lower price by just a few bucks... and a 100 onboard credit.

The "sales" usually only benefit the new cruiser... The Memorial day sale did nothing for me, my daughter, or her 3 friends cruising with us, all past cruisers. All booked ES. They upped the price then offered OBC. It would have cost us more at these rates.

However, a friend of mine and her husband are also cruising with us. First timers that I told about our cruise... the sale got them a lower price by just a few bucks... and a 100 onboard credit.

New cruiser here and nothing on three different sailings and 4 cabins....:( Oh well...

Exactly! The previously mentioned Memorial Day "Sale" PG rate was 100.00 more than the PG rate PRIOR to the sale. It was the most ridiculous thing. Don't know if they'll break out a July 4th sale or not. We cruise on 7/1, so I guess it'll be the last chance for possible price-drops; but seeing as there are only a handful of cabins in a few categories remaining, it's not likely <shrug>.

We received over $100 in price drops from the Memorial Day sale for our PG rate... sales do help some people :)

Yeah, this. Last year we had an inside room booked on a cruise for like $389 per person for a 5 day cruise in September. During the memorial day sale the balconies were on sale for $399 per person. Called and upgraded to a balcony and only had to pay the extra $20 per person. It was my first balcony and because I smoked I really loved it.

Don't smoke anymore so I'm going with an inside room on our next cruise to save some money unless a sale brings the balcony price down a bit (not counting on it).

Exactly! The previously mentioned Memorial Day "Sale" PG rate was 100.00 more than the PG rate PRIOR to the sale. It was the most ridiculous thing. Don't know if they'll break out a July 4th sale or not. We cruise on 7/1, so I guess it'll be the last chance for possible price-drops; but seeing as there are only a handful of cabins in a few categories remaining, it's not likely <shrug>.

We are sailing on July 1 too. I booked ES last July and those sales were terrific for us. I am saving $450 on one balcony cabin and also received $180 in OBC. Total $650.00. I loved those sales they had. I got the price drops (7) within a 3 1/2 week time frame. From what I saw today, it looked like only one suite was left on the empress deck on the whole ship. They could be saving cabins though.

Archived