so Red level gets no past guest party?

golfntob

so looking at the new carnival perks program, it looks like I'm going to lose my invite to a past guest party. We have sailed for 10 days. It says

Complimentary beverage at Punchliner Comedy

Brunch (on ships where brunch is not available,

complimentary beverage at breakfast or lunch

in Main Dining Room)

I'm pretty sure that there is no Comedy Brunch on the Elation and I'm not sure what kind of complimentary beverage I would order in the MDR at bfst or lunch. A mimosa or bloody mary??? Diappointed b/c I was looking forward to the Past Guest Party and the Fun Farewell Party.

so looking at the new carnival perks program, it looks like I'm going to lose my invite to a past guest party. We have sailed for 10 days. It says

Complimentary beverage at Punchliner Comedy

Brunch (on ships where brunch is not available,

complimentary beverage at breakfast or lunch

in Main Dining Room)

I'm pretty sure that there is no Comedy Brunch on the Elation and I'm not sure what kind of complimentary beverage I would order in the MDR at bfst or lunch. A mimosa or bloody mary??? Diappointed b/c I was looking forward to the Past Guest Party and the Fun Farewell Party.

No past guest party until gold category (25 days). Sorry.

Enjoy your mimosa or bloody mary at breakfast.:rolleyes:

That's the way I am reading this too. One drink is a lot less than about 12 at the PG party.:mad::eek:

John: Why are we doing away with the Past Guest (or Repeaters) Party?

Rob: As you know, we only offered this Party on sailings five days in length or longer. But here once again, this was a case where the sheer size of the event had made it neither particularly fun nor memorable. Moreover, it was proving operationally challenging, often requiring multiple parties on the same sailing.

Therefore, we decided to create a new party for Gold, Platinum and Diamond guests so that it would be more intimate, more fun and more memorable.

In its place, we’re now extending a complimentary beverage to all returning guests on ALL sailings, regardless of length. All returning guests will receive a Welcome Aboard letter in their stateroom upon embarkation with the complimentary drink coupon attached.

What do kids (under 21) get? My kids are pasts guests but obviously can't drink. Just wondering.

A free soda!!! o no thats right i paid for a soda card for all my kids so nothing :eek:

Have to bring this up one more time: :D

Use your S&S card for the toilet in your room = swipe & wipe! LOL :eek:

I spit my soda out on this one-love it- swipe & wipe. Maybe they'll charge us for using the bath robe, towels, & bed linens.

I'm usually a Royal Caribbean cruiser, giving Carnival a try (we do have one ancient Carny cruise so we are "past guests").

We are Platinum level on RCI'S. Next cruise would knock us up to Emerald status. You get one extra perk for Emerald: a snack bag with m&m's, a small bag of chips and a juice drink -one snack bag per cabin. Whoopee!

Maybe Carnival could give everyone m&m's!!:rolleyes:

I'm usually a Royal Caribbean cruiser, giving Carnival a try (we do have one ancient Carny cruise so we are "past guests").

We are Platinum level on RCI'S. Next cruise would knock us up to Emerald status. You get one extra perk for Emerald: a snack bag with m&m's, a small bag of chips and a juice drink -one snack bag per cabin. Whoopee!

Maybe Carnival could give everyone m&m's!!:rolleyes:

LOL...we are in the same boat. The Emerald level on RCI is dumb as hell. The only thing I can figure is that on certain ships they may have an Emerald and above reception.

For reference...on 7 day+ cruise RCI has a past guest party for all C&A members. They then have a separate party for Platinum and above with better food and drinks. So essentially you get two parties with free drinks.

In its place, we’re now extending a complimentary beverage to all returning guests on ALL sailings, regardless of length. All returning guests will receive a Welcome Aboard letter in their stateroom upon embarkation with the complimentary drink coupon attached.

Thanks for the JH response as to how we "claim" the free "beverage". Ken

kids can order a "virgin" of any drink Carnival serves - including, by the way, the funship special - the virgin version (say that 5 times fast) was actually better imho than the normal version - and I almost want to slap myself for saying that :p

Archived