To the New Cruisers...Have FUN - get excited :)

I was thinking that many of us...me included...may make "new" cruisers

discouraged..

yes things have changed....but prices for cruises were comparatively higher years ago

Cruising is still a really fun, easy vacation..unpack once

visit different ports, don't have to worry about looking at menu prices

for the most part

It is also a bargain compared to a land vacation many times..

and also "easier"

So...do the happy dance...

if you didn't cruise before you won't know the difference and you will have a blast !

Take the info you need and leave the rest

JMO >>> don't buy into the overpriced ship excursions in many ports unless it is a short port time or something very "special" or difficult (like scuba diving or whatever)

Read the port boards to get excited about your cruise

Have fun

Thank you for this! We'll be sailing Carnival for our first time in late October and all the negative comments was really starting to make me worry about my honeymoon. :(

I just have to keep reminding myself that you can't make everyone happy and it seems some people can only be negative. I'm determined to make the best of whatever may come!

I second the happy dance!!!

My decider was 2 weeks ago when I bought my fair share of bon voyage bottles. Carnival is not out to suck us dry with money. They want us to have a good time and drink up and eat up.

To any first time cruisers... PLEASE ignore the negative, it simply is not true!!!!

Well said sharecruises. The gimme-more whiners are everywhere in life. They must be so much fun at Christmas opening "free" presents. :)

Roxxy4me ... congrats. And you WILL have a wonderful time. Especially the first time when your eyes are bugging out looking at the decor, the wonderful food, fun everywhere and sharing it what's-his-name. :D

Just kidding of course about the new hubs .... I hope you have a long and happy life together.

Thank you for this! We'll be sailing Carnival for our first time in late October and all the negative comments was really starting to make me worry about my honeymoon. :(

I just have to keep reminding myself that you can't make everyone happy and it seems some people can only be negative. I'm determined to make the best of whatever may come!

You will have a great time! :D

discouraged..

yes things have changed....but prices for cruises were comparatively higher years ago

for the most part

and also "easier"

if you didn't cruise before you won't know the difference and you will have a blast !

JMO >>> don't buy into the overpriced ship excursions in many ports unless it is a short port time or something very "special" or difficult (like scuba diving or whatever)

Have fun

You are so right. If I had never cruised before I would probably run from Carnival. Before my first cruise the only thing I had to go on was the show "The Love Boat." I was so excited when DH booked our first cruise back in 1994. We went in May 1995 for our 20th anniversary, on Carnival. Had an inside cabin, loved everything about the cruise. I was hooked!!! I am booked on my 7th cruise in Sept with my sisters, one of whom has cruised before, the other hasn't. I am so careful not to be negative so my sister will be just as excited as I am.

This post has been a huge relief for me.....We have sailed several times with RCCL and fancied a change.....But with all the comments we seriously considered cancelling the Breeze in July......

I hope we have chosen a great ship for our first carnival experience.....? Fingers and toes crossed.

discouraged..

for the most part

and also "easier"

Have fun

Could not have said it any better. Enjoy yourself!

Thank you! My husband and I are going on our first Carnival cruise in October for our 1st anniversary. I was SOO excited when I booked, and these boards have me a bit discouraged. I am trying to stay positive though, and this post has helped!

discouraged..

for the most part

and also "easier"

Have fun

Nice post. I agree 100%

Thank you, thank you! I am an upbeat person most of the time but I have to say even I have been wondering if I had made a mistake booking my first cruise in October with Carnival. Seeing this thread has really made me feel better about my choice. Again, thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

discouraged..

for the most part

and also "easier"

Have fun

I was thinking earlier that yes loyalty makes up a lot of the cruise industry. However new cruisers are more likely to spend more, and go all out. Including booking the ships excursions.

I know I'm excited! This will be my second cruise (my first was on the Miracle last year). I totalled everything up, and I had spent a hair under $1200 for an 8-day cruise last year (cruise, tips, excursions, and on-board spending). You certainly can't beat that! So far, I'm up to $843 for this upcoming trip (7-day on the Legend, with cruise, tips, and excursions). Considering what I'm getting for the price ... not only boarding, entertainment, and meals, but also to be able to dip my toes in the ocean and visit ports of countries I would otherwise never step foot on, I think that's an awesome deal!

Great post!

I'm working on a trip report from my Memorial Day cruise on the Liberty (titled: Liberty - Eastern - 3 Generations). I debated not adding a post tonight with all the negativity going on today. But, I decided like you - people need something positive to read!

So, read posts like this, find a trip report that features your ship or ports, or head over to the Port of Call boards.

Have FUN planning your next cruise! :D

Archived