Not getting married but still want to go on Honeymoon

purplekisses

When I booked the cabin I was told they needed to bring proof of marriage in order to board. His parents are not going. We are on the same deck but different sides of the boat. I am hoping that we can just cancel him from "thier honeymoon cabin" and book him into my cabin. I told them both they were a pain in my *%, but if they feel they are not ready to get married yet then it is better they wait. My PVP is on a cruise right now and won't be back until next Monday the 18th so I will call him then and hopefully everything get fixed. I did tell my daughter and her honey they would have to pay the difference in whatever we have to do.

When I booked the cabin I was told they needed to bring proof of marriage in order to board. His parents are not going. We are on the same deck but different sides of the boat. I am hoping that we can just cancel him from "thier honeymoon cabin" and book him into my cabin. I told them both they were a pain in my *%, but if they feel they are not ready to get married yet then it is better they wait. My PVP is on a cruise right now and won't be back until next Monday the 18th so I will call him then and hopefully everything get fixed. I did tell my daughter and her honey they would have to pay the difference in whatever we have to do.

You do know you can call up the toll free number now and fix this NOW, why wait?

Your PVP already got the credit for the booking, so it will not be any skin off her back.

Unless you think your PVP is going to be able to somehow get the fees waived .. I would just call up and get it over with.

When I booked the cabin I was told they needed to bring proof of marriage in order to board. .

My questions is.....how would Carnival know whether or not these two got married? Say nothing. People get married all the time and don't change their names.

What if they were not allowed to board when they showed up? Maybe Im just a worrier?

PS I would think they only time they would ask for proof of marriage is in cases like this where one is under the age of 21? .. as you said if they ask at all.

I would just move him in with the other person and move the other person into his room.

the problem with this-- is the two people now will carry a sign and sail card AND a room a key to the cabin card.

There should be no difference in price. you are only moving around so there really is no changes

I called Carnival and talked with a very helpful young woman. She fixed it all for me and the price was free. She told me since we were all still going and the problem was with the age policy, I was able to switch my husband and my daughter honey cabins at no cost even though we all booked early saver. So everything worked out great. I have to say will all the complaints about customer service with Carnival I have none. The young lady that helped me pointed out that she do everything I needed for free and then did it. My booking on line reflected the changes by the time I got off the phone. Gold star to Carnival.:)

I'm glad it worked out!!!

I have switched cabins between people too. They told me at the time that they didn't consider it a name change because all four people were already booked, we were changing cabins of two of them.

I called Carnival and talked with a very helpful young woman. She fixed it all for me and the price was free. She told me since we were all still going and the problem was with the age policy, I was able to switch my husband and my daughter honey cabins at no cost even though we all booked early saver. So everything worked out great. I have to say will all the complaints about customer service with Carnival I have none. The young lady that helped me pointed out that she do everything I needed for free and then did it. My booking on line reflected the changes by the time I got off the phone. Gold star to Carnival.:)

I'm always so glad when something like this happens and then someone like you acknowledges it. Glad everything worked out.

Glad it all worked out but honestly I doubt they would have said anything...They're too much in a rush for little stuff...especially if you're checking in as a "family". If everybody has their passports and one member is at least 21 you should be fine. But it depends on the clerk...some are stricter than others. I want to say I had some friends with a similar problem...they switched rooms at the port then switched them again at customer service. :rolleyes: I understand they are trying to eliminate teenage schnanigans...but I've seen plenty of teens and young adults behave better than many 40 year olds. I guess they're going with "statistics".

I'm really glad they didn't make a big issue in charging you. WHEW.

Even though my son's 16 now I still bring my late husbands death certificate "just in case" someone gives me a hard time about the name difference (I remarried and changed my name)...so far it's only been once that they "asked" him if I was his mother...He responded yes and they left it alone. OK...whatever...:rolleyes:...If anybody wanted to take me on a cruise and spoil me...they can be my mother too.

Archived