Not getting married but still want to go on Honeymoon

purplekisses

I have emailed my PVP and hoping to hear from him on Monday, but here goes. All the cabins were booked using early saver.

My husband, myself and my father booked a cruise a year ago for my father's retirement. My daughter got engaged and was going to get married a few week before the crusie left so her and her fiance booked the same cruise for their honeymoon. Now this is where it get complicated. They have decieded to put off the wedding but would like to still cruise. My daughter will be 21 at the time of sailing and her fiance will be 20 so now that they aren't getting married we have a problem with the age policy. I have a cabin that sleep 4 booked for the 3 of myself, hubby and father. The other cabin sleeps 2. So I was thinking since my daughter is 21 and can be alone cancel the fiance and rebook him into the 4th bed in my cabin. I know that solo pays double, but the 4th person rate in my cabin is $169 for the person. Will this work?:confused: So what I would have is me, hubby, dad and daughter fiance in my cabin for 4 and her in the cabin for 2 booking wise.

I have emailed my PVP and hoping to hear from him on Monday, but here goes. All the cabins were booked using early saver.

My husband, myself and my father booked a cruise a year ago for my father's retirement. My daughter got engaged and was going to get married a few week before the crusie left so her and her fiance booked the same cruise for their honeymoon. Now this is where it get complicated. They have decieded to put off the wedding but would like to still cruise. My daughter will be 21 at the time of sailing and her fiance will be 20 so now that they aren't getting married we have a problem with the age policy. I have a cabin that sleep 4 booked for the 3 of myself, hubby and father. The other cabin sleeps 2. So I was thinking since my daughter is 21 and can be alone cancel the fiance and rebook him into the 4th bed in my cabin. I know that solo pays double, but the 4th person rate in my cabin is $169 for the person. Will this work?:confused: So what I would have is me, hubby, dad and daughter fiance in my cabin for 4 and her in the cabin for 2 booking wise.

Just book a triple and a double next to each other. No different than families booking their 2 kids in a cabin next to yours.

Can't you just switch her boyfriend and your dad, so the BF is in your cabin and her grandfather is in your daughter's room, just for the booking? Then switch back on the ship?

OP already said they booked ES in their original post.

No name changes with ES... unless they can get a supervisor to override the system to fix this.. they cant.

OP you also cant cancel and use the rest of the deposit to rebook the same cruise .. that wouldnt work.

I would call up and see if anyone can fix this, since your booking now is not allowed .. they might not charge you to fix it?? If you can go up the ladder to a supervisor ..there is a chance.

Because you are going to be on board they will likely waive the age requirement so there is no need to play games with the booking. The rules are different for "under age" persons traveling with parents and guardians then when they travel alone.

Because you are going to be on board they will likely waive the age requirement so there is no need to play games with the booking. The rules are different for "under age" persons traveling with parents and guardians then when they travel alone.

The fiancee's parents or guardians are not on board .. and he is the minor as I understand the OPs post.. so they wouldnt waive the rules as far as I know.

In order to book in a separate cabin, your parents or legal guardian must be onboard too. (or you must be married)

We have never had a problem booking a cabin for one of our daughters and a friend. They put them in a cabin close to ours.

My best friends daughter booked a cruise for her and her boyfriend. Both were 22. No issue and they went by themselves. I think if you talk to carnival they will work with you. Good luck

Kathy

The people you are talking about are both 22...no there wouldn't be an issue. They are both over the age of 21. OP's daughter is 21 and daughter's fiance is 20. That's the issue.

Good luck OP! Isn't it ironic that we can send 18 year olds to war, but a 20 and 21 year old unmarried couple can't cruise together without running into issues? No flaming, I know businesses can set their own rules but it does seem ironic. :)

I think that the distance between their cabin and yours can be quite large when they are that age. Somewhere there are rules for how close kids cabins could be depending on their age. Now if they were 12 year old friends, then they would have to be closer and you would need documented permission from his parents. Where he is 20, I can't see you'd need that, but I'm sure Carnival can set you straight.

Both cabins are already booked we have an 8A forward and an 8B mid both on the upper deck. My PVP is on vacation until the 18th.

our daughter was 19 and her friend was 20 they put them in a cabin that was maybe 9 doors down from us. The agent laughed and said you dont want them too close to you. :p

So glad my girls are both over 21 now lol

I just checked the wording and it's weird. If travelling with parents, those over 18 don't need to be close or even on same deck. Yet if travelling without parents, it says those under 21 have to be in same room as guardian over 25. You don't need the signed permission over the age 16. I still think it will be fine, but you need to call Carnival to see what they say and they should either be able to make a note on the reservation or make a change to the room guests (which hopefully they wouldn't charge for)

The fiancee's parents or guardians are not on board .. and he is the minor as I understand the OPs post.. so they wouldnt waive the rules as far as I know.

In order to book in a separate cabin, your parents or legal guardian must be onboard too. (or you must be married)

Once again this is incorrect information. CCL will allow the requested booking because one of the parents is on board.

Both cabins are already booked we have an 8A forward and an 8B mid both on the upper deck. My PVP is on vacation until the 18th.

Since it is already booked and nothing was mentioned about the 20 year old-- leave it be.

Once again this is incorrect information. CCL will allow the requested booking because one of the parents is on board.

Yes, but it is the parent of the girl, who is 21 (not the issue). The parent of the boy (only 20) is NOT ONBOARD, thus the problem.

Since it is already booked and nothing was mentioned about the 20 year old-- leave it be.

Nothing was mentioned about the 20 year old because they originally booked it as husband and wife. Married couples under 21 can sail without a parent/guardian.

Once again that is not the rules .. just because someone got the rules waived doesnt mean the rules do not exist.

Ive posted the rules and you ignore them anyway.

Nothing was mentioned about the 20 year old because they originally booked it as husband and wife. Married couples under 21 can sail without a parent/guardian.

I dont think when you are booking they asked your marital status.

Did the daughter use her "maiden" name?

I dont think when you are booking they asked your marital status.

Did the daughter use her "maiden" name?

Im betting whomever did the booking mentioned it to get a cabin with a minor in it and no adult over the age of 25 rule waived.

You dont know what was said when this was booked?

our daughter was 19 and her friend was 20 they put them in a cabin that was maybe 9 doors down from us. The agent laughed and said you dont want them too close to you. :p

So glad my girls are both over 21 now lol

you were lucky-

sometimes carnival does not follow its own rules.

Its good for some but not everyone-- (my 18 month old grand daughter could not be booked in the cabin with her parents mom and dad were 20/21. and were getting married on the ship)

the GD needed to be booked with me.

some people are allowed to book under 21 -not their kids-- into other cabin and others can not.

its a luck of the draw.

Archived