Military Discount

HappyTvlr

Hello,

I would like clarification on the military discount. The website says the discount is for retired or active duty, but the customer service rep says that it is for anyone who served and has a DD214. I am happy to take the word of the rep, but also want to do the right thing and not be caught out for more money later. Any information on your experiences with the discount would be appreciated.

Here are the requirements to get the Military Discount:

Military Program Restrictions

If eligible, you would purchase this cruise vacation using a special restricted price program rate. It is important that at least one guest per stateroom be eligible to be considered in compliance with a restricted price program. It is also important to note that non-compliance of the restricted price program terms will result in the reservation being re-priced to the lowest available fare for that particular day. Furthermore, you will be responsible to pay for any differences immediately or else your boarding rights will be denied.

To qualify for a military rate, an individual must be classified as one of the following:

1. Active personnel currently serving in the Canadian National Defense; United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard or Reserves. Proper identification in the form of a United States Uniformed Services WHITE Identification Card for U.S. military personnel, and a WHITE N.D.21 Identification Card with a Red Canadian Flag displayed for Canadian National Defense personnel, must be presented at time of check-in.

2. Retired from any of the divisions listed directly above. "Retired" is defined as A) enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service, B) medically retired, or C) 100% disabled. Proper identification for those classified in category A, or B must be in the form of a United States Uniformed BLUE Identification Card. Proper identification for those classified in category C is a United States Uniformed TAN Identification Card. Retired Canadian National Defense personnel are eligible and must possess the same white card as described above for active personnel. All forms of identification must be presented at time of check-in.

3. Veterans with an Honorable Discharge serving a minimum of 2 years, or 6-months in an active war zone, in any of the United States service divisions listed above. Proper identification in the form of a DD 214, plus a current photo must be presented at time of check-in.

4. Spouses of actively deployed, or deceased military personnel, are eligible to book one stateroom as long as the eligible spouse is occupying the stateroom. All other guests traveling in the same stateroom are also eligible for the military rate. Spouse must present the PINK Dependent Military ID upon check-in as proof of eligibility.

All guests traveling in the same stateroom are eligible to receive the military rate. No additional staterooms, other than the one that is occupied by the military person is eligible for the military rate. Parents, in-laws, children or other family members or friends are not eligible for the military rate without the eligible military person occupying the stateroom.

As a retired military member, I am using my military discount that Celebrity generously offers for my upcoming cruise. It has saved a great deal of money when compared to standard fare for the same cabin.

Is the military discount offered on all sailings on X?

We have been Royal cruisers and only certain, pre-designated cruises were allowed a military discount.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Glenn

No, not on all sailings. If you go to the website and do a "dummy" booking without checking that box, then go back to the beginning and check the box, you can compare the price to see if your sailing is one with a military discount, or any other discount 55+, state residency, etc. Or if you are using a travel agent they can tell when they are pricing your cruise if it is one with a discount.

No, not on all sailings. If you go to the website and do a "dummy" booking without checking that box, then go back to the beginning and check the box, you can compare the price to see if your sailing is one with a military discount, or any other discount 55+, state residency, etc. Or if you are using a travel agent they can tell when they are pricing your cruise if it is one with a discount.

Thanks....

g

That is exactly what I did to first find a specific cruise that offered a military discount, then I did it again to see how much money I was actually saving once I chose the cruise I wanted.

It was interesting to see that only very specific cruises and very specific cabins on those cruises had military discounts. But I was still able to find one that fit into my schedule and suited my needs :)

This time it was an Ocean View cabin. Last cruise it was a Concierge Veranda. You never know what you're going to find... But the discounts are very good.

Archived