Can we open up a 2nd CCL Forum . . .

anjoliza

LOVE it! Some people just don't want to hear any bad news....kind of like when "W" was in the White House and held events to which only W lovers could attend and people who didn't like him were kept miles away.....

You come on here looking to learn about what to do and where to go, you kind of need to know the good & the bad, don't you?

Thanks for bringing politics in to this thread! (Are you sure that type of thing hasn't been going on forever, even today?)

I almost WAS that person you describe. I hadn't been on the boards for quite some time, so I hadn't seen the speculation. All I know that I have been working my way to 10 for ever. 1990. I called CCL yesterday to make an adjustment to my August cruise and the agent "oops, let the cat out of the bag" (her exact words). That is when I came here and started reading all of the details. Justifiably, I am very upset about it. It is stil not on CCL website and according to my profile I will not be grandfathered in. When it is under their policies then I will chill, but for not, I cannot conclude that I will be fine by JHs word.

How would you like to be the one not on cruise critic ,not knowing they will not be platinum when they expected it .That sucks!!

you can still make platinum under the old program if your close to 10

I almost WAS that person you describe. I hadn't been on the boards for quite some time, so I hadn't seen the speculation. All I know that I have been working my way to 10 for ever. 1990. I called CCL yesterday to make an adjustment to my August cruise and the agent "oops, let the cat out of the bag" (her exact words). That is when I came here and started reading all of the details. Justifiably, I am very upset about it. It is stil not on CCL website and according to my profile I will not be grandfathered in. When it is under their policies then I will chill, but for not, I cannot conclude that I will be fine by JHs word.

do you have your tenth booked ?if you do I suggest printing your baggage tags

I show up not platinum and my tags say VIP ,so I assume we are grandfathered in

LOVE it! Some people just don't want to hear any bad news....kind of like when "W" was in the White House and held events to which only W lovers could attend and people who didn't like him were kept miles away.....

You come on here looking to learn about what to do and where to go, you kind of need to know the good & the bad, don't you?

Like that "Spread the Wealth" Collectivist isn't doing the same thing.:rolleyes:

To the QUESTION: The name of the site is CRUISE CRITIC.

I agree with both sides of this argument. People have the right to complain to a point but it seems that you can't post ANYTHING positive without someone trying to put a negative spin on it. What I don't understand and none of the negative nellies will answer is...Why spend so much time on a CCl Forum if you have such hatred for them? I wonder how many actually cruise or just spend time researching and studying CCL so they can come on here and B&*%$.

I will answer your question as it pertains to me. I do not hate Carnival. I have 31 cruises with Carnival and 3 more booked. I have been cruising on Carnival since 1987. What I hate is being LIED to.

Yes I was LIED to and so where a lot of other people. We were LIED to about being grandfathered into the level we where already at. There are many Milestone cruises promised by John Heald and Carnival that we would be put in the top tier, which is Diamond, and that did not happen. There are many Gold that are being put back to Red. The only people that made out are the ones that where put into Platinum or will be in the next 18 months.

It is not about what the perks or are are not. It is about being LIED to by many people over and over again. You know we may not all have like the truth but the truth is better than being LIED to. I think all everyone wants is what they were promised and not to be LIED to.

no one is forching you too read them. pass them by and open something you are interested in.

i don't know what's so hard about just opening threads that one is interested in. maybe there are some that read every thread? :eek

im just glad cruising topics finally pushed the group cruise nonsence off page one.

I will answer your question as it pertains to me. I do not hate Carnival. I have 31 cruises with Carnival and 3 more booked. I have been cruising on Carnival since 1987. What I hate is being LIED to.

Yes I was LIED to and so where a lot of other people. We were LIED to about being grandfathered into the level we where already at. There are many Milestone cruises promised by John Heald and Carnival that we would be put in the top tier, which is Diamond, and that did not happen. There are many Gold that are being put back to Red. The only people that made out are the ones that where put into Platinum or will be in the next 18 months.

It is not about what the perks or are are not. It is about being LIED to by many people over and over again. You know we may not all have like the truth but the truth is better than being LIED to. I think all everyone wants is what they were promised and not to be LIED to.

Agreed. Amazing since many of the perks that were removed did not even cost them anything.

. . . for all of the whiners!!!!

I am getting sick and tired of reading all of these negative threads!!! Can we please get back to where we can come on this forum and get excited about our upcoming cruises????!!!!!!!

I used to love coming on here and reading about other peoples' cruising experiences and be able to learn things that will help to make my cruising experiences better!!

I love the anticipation of an upcoming cruise and would spend hours reading these threads.

Now it is just depressing!!!

I love CCL and how it gives me the best bang for my buck!!! and those of you that don't, take it elsewhere!! There are lots of other cruiselines and then you can spend time on their forums.

Like my mother always says "if you can't say nice things, don't say anything"!!!

You are tired of reading them so you start another one? Really?

All those who keep saying the "whiners" are "pathetic". I sure hope none of you ever have a time when you want your opinion heard. If you think they shouldn't be posting their opinions here, please NEVER post your own!

There really has been an inordinate amount of negitave posts that seemed to snowball after the announcement of the new Loyalty program. It seems like there is a lot of disappointment about certain cutbacks and changes. Like with anything else in life, companies have to make certain cutbacks and allocations to keep their product at a resonable price to appeal to their target market. Another poster on another thread, brought up a very good point; Look at all of the additions that Carnival HAS made. For example; the new 2.0 additions and the comedy clubs and comedy brunch. The addition of the 2.0 was one of the main reasons that we selected a particular ship for our next cruise. Carnival still managed to keep the rates resonable in spite of the new additions to the ship. We can do without our shrimp cocktails everynight and will just have to wait until we are at 25 days to enjoy the PG party, which IMHO is not a big deal. We sail CCL because it gives us the most bang-for-our-buck and will continue to do so without sweating over the small stuff.

JMHO.

:)

There really has been an inordinate amount of negitave posts that seemed to snowball after the announcement of the new Loyalty program. It seems like there is a lot of disappointment about certain cutbacks and changes. Like with anything else in life, companies have to make certain cutbacks and allocations to keep their product at a resonable price to appeal to their target market. Another poster on another thread, brought up a very good point; Look at all of the additions that Carnival HAS made. For example; the new 2.0 additions. The addition of the 2.0 was one of the main reasons that we selected a particular ship for our next cruise. Carnival still managed to keep the rates resonable in spite of the new additions to the ship. We can do without our shrimp cocktails everynight and will just have to wait until we are at 25 days to enjoy the PG party, which IMHO is not a big deal. We sail CCL because it gives us the most bang-for-our-buck and will continue to do so without sweating over the small stuff.

JMHO.

I agree 100%

we love the Liberty and booked it again just to try all the new stuff

We paid $734pp for an 8E .How can you go wrong.Ill eat hotdogs all week if I have too

There really has been an inordinate amount of negitave posts that seemed to snowball after the announcement of the new Loyalty program. It seems like there is a lot of disappointment about certain cutbacks and changes. Like with anything else in life, companies have to make certain cutbacks and allocations to keep their product at a resonable price to appeal to their target market. Another poster on another thread, brought up a very good point; Look at all of the additions that Carnival HAS made. For example; the new 2.0 additions. The addition of the 2.0 was one of the main reasons that we selected a particular ship for our next cruise. Carnival still managed to keep the rates resonable in spite of the new additions to the ship. We can do without our shrimp cocktails everynight and will just have to wait until we are at 25 days to enjoy the PG party, which IMHO is not a big deal. We sail CCL because it gives us the most bang-for-our-buck and will continue to do so without sweating over the small stuff.

JMHO.

Nnow we have an indication what our politicians will have to face trimming the entitlements come november, or understand what's going on in greece.

So if we make platinum in 18 months it will stay platinum? and also did they change the 3,4,5 days not counting towards your platinum status? Thanks Lana

all cruises count toward platinum, just they dont count the same except during the grandfathering in process, after that they count the days, yes, even if they are 3, 4 or 5 days they still count per day toward getting toward platinum or whichever level.

I don't know which is sillier and more pointless....complaining about the changes or starting a thread whining about the critics. As someone pointed out though, this IS Cruise CRITICS. Anyway, I just checked out my point status and yeah, I got a bit "screwed" but no one ever "LIED" to me, as one poster kept saying..nothing was ever promised to me. Personally, there's nothing that great to get excited about on the next level for us...Platinum I think it is. We're at Gold...no biggie really. You get on board fast whether you're VIP or not. This next cruise we're VIP status because of our "suite" but in the past we've been regular boarding and once before VIP and it wasn't any real difference there. Yeah, so I don't get the fuss about waiting in line an extra minute or so...shessh.

[I used to love coming on here and reading about other peoples' cruising experiences and be able to learn things that will help to make my cruising experiences better!!

I love the anticipation of an upcoming cruise and would spend hours reading these threads.

Now it is just depressing!!!

I totally agree - I used to be on this board daily or at least every few days checking out most of the threads in anticipation of our next cruise. Very seldom am I on here anymore, even before the loyalty program issues - there has been much more negative than positive on here these last few months. If I had never been on a Carnival cruise I'd be running as fast as I could in the other direction and if I had issues as these people seem to have I would be researching my next cruise line, not wasting my time crying the blues!!! Good thing I know I am getting value for my dollar as well as a vacation exactly how I want it. We're also booked on the Liberty which, as we all know, has been upgraded with new food options, bars, etc. Those things just give me more bang for my buck.

Nnow we have an indication what our politicians will have to face trimming the entitlements come november, or understand what's going on in greece.

Really troll/moderator since you never get silenced. No need to sanction me because I'm outta here. The completely inappropriate and irrelevant spewing you generate is proof that this forum is useless.

Archived