2 Questions about Allure/ Specialty Dining and Sail Away

CSBM

We will be sailing on Allure in July....

1) I have a specialty dining certificate from my on line travel agent. Where do I go to get a reservation? I know that I have to use this certificate on a Port Day.

2) We will be traveling with our two children ( 14 & 12 ) and this is our first cruise where would be a good place for us to go for sail away?

sorry one more....

3) where do I go to get the phones on the first day?

Thanks for helping out a NEWBIE

CSBM

CSBM

We will be sailing on Allure in July....

1) I have a specialty dining certificate from my on line travel agent. Where do I go to get a reservation? I know that I have to use this certificate on a Port Day.

2) We will be traveling with our two children ( 14 & 12 ) and this is our first cruise where would be a good place for us to go for sail away?

sorry one more....

3) where do I go to get the phones on the first day?

Thanks for helping out a NEWBIE

CSBM

CSBM

1. You can go directly to the restaurant when you board, or, make your reservation from the tv in your

cabin, or call the restaurant when you board.

2. Several good locations, on the pool deck where you can hear the band.

Portside of the ship (left side)/ Use the forward elevators and go to deck 14. Go to the port side

again, and go left down the cabin hallway towards the front of the ship. When you get to the end of the

hall, there is a doorway that opens out to a very large area that faces forward and is on top of the

bridge. Excellent place to be if it is not raining.

There are also "secret" balconies on decks 14, 12, and 11 towards the stern. Walk down the hallway on

any of these decks towards the aft (back) of the ship. At the end of the hall, the hallway makes a

turn to the left or the right, depending on the side of the ship. There is a doorway there that opens out

into some public balconies that have an excellent view of the stern, the sides of the ship, and the

Aqua Theater.

3. Not sure on the phones as we have never rented them. I do know they go fast. Inquire at Guest Services when you first board, or ask at the information kiosk that is located in the middle of the Promenade at the location where you first enter into the Promenade. There will be personnel there who should be able to direct you.

One option for sail away is the sail away party in the Aquatheater. I didn't actually see it when I was onboard, so I can't tell you too much about it. But, I do know that they have some of the Dreamworks characters in the show. The downside to this is that you can't really see the ship moving out to sea.

If you prefer to watch the scenery, make sure that you go to the port side, as the views are much better. If you went to one of the port side aft decks on deck 11 or 12, you could actually see some of both the scenery and the show, since these areas overlook the Aquatheater.

Archived