Solstice hair dryer...with my diffuser?

Wonders10

I'm planning on using the ships hair dryer (AQ if that makes a difference)...occasionally I like to use a diffuser attachment. Anyone know if mine would fit on their hair dryer? I don't want to waste packing space if it definitely won't work but my hair looks much better when I use it. TIA!

First of all, we have no idea what kind of defuser you use, and second, there are a lot of different hair dryers in the cabins, because they just replace them with different models whenever one breaks. Pack your own hair dryer with its matching defuser.

I would say you need to bring your own equipment as there is no standardization among brands. It's unlikely that your diffuser will fit (I'm guessing it's an attachment?).

Yes, it's an attachment. I just hate to bring my big hair dryer and waste space. I think I'm going to need all the space I can get lol. I guess I was thinking that if the diameter of the hair dryer was the same as mine, it might snap in (like mine does).

I'll re-evaluate after I've packed my other things!

Just take a small roll of duct tape in your baggage. Use the tape to adapt the possible difference between the X dryer and your diffuser. My Dad always told be to take two items on a date. One was a roll of duct tape, the other I can't name or I might be banned from Cruise Critic for life.:D

I don't know what a diffuser is, but be aware that the Solstice hair dryers are 220V and fit into the European sockets by the desk, not the U.S. 110V.

Silly me. I just googled diffuser, so just ignore my post.

One thing we learned on Eclipse this spring: hair dryer did not have button that allowed it to stay on without constant pressing on button to keep it on. Drove my wife nuts to hold the button to keep it on; after being brought four of the same model over several days someone [finally] found a dryer that had an on button that clicked on so the button did not have to be held in the on position. You may want to consider bringing your own.

Does anyone know if irons are provided in the cabins?

Irons are prohibited in passenger cabins on EVERY cruise ship. They are a fire hazard. You are not allowed to bring any kind of iron from home. And, Celebrity does not have passenger laundries on board. You can bring something like Downey wrinkle release or send clothes out to be pressed, for a fee.

One thing we learned on Eclipse this spring: hair dryer did not have button that allowed it to stay on without constant pressing on button to keep it on. Drove my wife nuts to hold the button to keep it on; after being brought four of the same model over several days someone [finally] found a dryer that had an on button that clicked on so the button did not have to be held in the on position. You may want to consider bringing your own.

That does get REALLY annoying when you're drying long hair. Because of that, I'm packing my own this year lol

I used the ships dryer ONCE. It took forever to dry and my hair is not thick. It didn't style right. Hair looked like......a crazy person with wisps going all over the place. IMHO, your own blow dryer is a much better item than a pair of shoes :eek:

I have a mini travel hair dryer/diffuser that works great. Weighs less than a lb and is about the size of my hand. I take it everywhere. Can't remember the brand but just google travel hair dryer with diffuser.

Archived