Oasis....Labadee vs. St. Thomas Itinerary

This will be our first experience on an O class and from what everyone says the ship is the destination.......With that said are there any negatives to the ports in the Labadee itinerary?

Karen

I was pleasantly surprised with the Western itinerary (Labadee). I had very low expectations for Falmouth, but it turned out to be nice and we ended up enjoying most of the day up at the Beach Pool on the deck.

Labadee's a great beach day (assuming you get good weather) and Cozumel is a generally fun place with lots to do. I think I still prefer the Eastern (I love St. Thomas and St. Maarten), but I would definitely do the Western again (went 2 weeks ago)>

Our fa

I was pleasantly surprised with the Western itinerary (Labadee). I had very low expectations for Falmouth, but it turned out to be nice and we ended up enjoying most of the day up at the Beach Pool on the deck.

Labadee's a great beach day (assuming you get good weather) and Cozumel is a generally fun place with lots to do. I think I still prefer the Eastern (I love St. Thomas and St. Maarten), but I would definitely do the Western again (went 2 weeks ago)>

We are looking forward to going to the Western Carib. again,,been alot of years so it will be nice to see what has changed... Sounds like you liked Falmouth,,,will be looking forward to it...:)

This will be our first experience on an O class and from what everyone says the ship is the destination.......With that said are there any negatives to the ports in the Labadee itinerary?

Karen

We did the Western Itinerary on the Allure

and

the Eastern Itinerary on the Oasis.

BOTH are excellent..and I would do both again. You cannot pick the wrong one.;)

You will find some who almost automatically post negative comments about any itinerary that includes a port in Jamaica and you will find similarly negative reports about Eastern Caribbean itineraries that include Nassau. Most who have cruised on Allure and Oasis seem to enjoy their time onboard so much, that the ports they visit are almost irrelevant. Unless you have been to any of the ports on either Western or Eastern cruises a large number of times, you should find something of value whichever route you choose. Don't pay a lot of attention to the negative reports. Your experience is likely to be quite different.:)

You will find some who almost automatically post negative comments about any itinerary that includes a port in Jamaica and you will find similarly negative reports about Eastern Caribbean itineraries that include Nassau. Most who have cruised on Allure and Oasis seem to enjoy their time onboard so much, that the ports they visit are almost irrelevant. Unless you have been to any of the ports on either Western or Eastern cruises a large number of times, you should find something of value whichever route you choose. Don't pay a lot of attention to the negative reports. Your experience is likely to be quite different.:)

Right, and also keep in mind that you will likely enjoy your experience on board so much that (at worst) you may decide to extend it by staying on the ship at a given port that underwhelms you if you are so inclined... no harm in doing that!

We also love St. Thomas & St. Maarten! We're going back this year!!

We enjoy both the Western & Eastern, but we are planning on doing Western again next year on Allure and plan to stay on the ship most of the time. We'll definitely get off in Labadee, but will stay on in Jamaica and probably Cozumel. We've been there twice now and loved it, but we want to enjoy the ship a little more this time around.

Archived