Booking Royal Princess mini cruise

STEPHEN LARKIN

Hi Everyone,

I would like to book the 3 night mini cruise in June 2013 on-board the new Royal Princess. There are a choice of two - either would be fine.

Does anyone know when Princess will be accepting bookings for this cruise, as the brochure just says "bookings will be taken after the inaugural celebrations" .

I dont want to miss out on seeing her in her first year and it also has the added bonus of sailing from Southampton, which is good for me.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

stephen their not available yet cant see then being bookable for the foreseable future ,they will watch the build schedule and make descissions once shes in the 2 stage fix build .

there 100,s of us waitng for the mini,s

Hi All

If only one of the two cruises goes ahead I expect little space for us,

as expect Princess to want the ship filled with TAs, cruise writers, media

folks plus Princess staff , ship yard and contractors staff. VIPs etc etc

yours Shogun

Hi All

If only one of the two cruises goes ahead I expect little space for us,

as expect Princess to want the ship filled with TAs, cruise writers, media

folks plus Princess staff , ship yard and contractors staff. VIPs etc etc

yours Shogun

Thanks CP160,

Looks like I will have to get in line with the rest of you, it will be worth it !

Stephen I'm sure you would love it! I sailed on one of the 3 day "intro" cruises on the Star Princess when it first came out. It was a really nice "taste" of the ship. There were some TA's etc but many, many regular folks. As Paul suggested you might want to have your travel agent try and get a heads up as to when bookings might be available and grab you one. Not sure if you are aware of any high volume Princess travel agents in your country but if you can find one you could have them book you a cabin as soon as they become available. I did that for my Royal Princess Caribbean sailing in December 2013. It was great to not have to worry about scrambling to book on opening day. I told my travel agent what I wanted prior to bookings being opened, she booked it and emailed me a confirmation.

Good luck:)

Hi MichellainOC,

Thanks for your advice , just today I have done this with a major travel agent in the UK. They have been informed of the suite I would like and will contact me as soon as it becomes available.

Once again Cruise Critic has saved the day !

Hi MichellainOC,

Thanks for your advice , just today I have done this with a major travel agent in the UK. They have been informed of the suite I would like and will contact me as soon as it becomes available.

Since full suites are very limited in number and may be reserved by Princess for VIPs on the sample cruises, you may wish to give your travel agent a second choice of type of cabin.

Also, since cabins on these cruises are likely to go quickly, you could lose the opportunity between the time bookings become available and you can be in direct contact with the agent. Can you authorize the TA to book without having to contact you that day?

Your TA will often receive invites for inagural festivities , to invite potential group leaders, good repeat clients as well as themsevles of course. You may wish to ask your TA about an invite?

These short salings , usually to nowhere, are lots of fun as

well as a introduction to the product , and it's on the house .:)

As a former TA ,unfortunatly , I always noticed some TA Owners merely invite their familiy & friends.:(

Archived