Mighty Ships Epic Episode?

colesc15

I never got to see the episode on the Epic and I can't find it on the internet anywhere. The only one I can find is on the Discovery Channel site and it's not worked for a good month now.. Does anyone have it available somehow so I can see it?

Hello,

I just watched the Mighty Ships Norwegian Epic episode last week on the Discovery Channel site and I think it may be only available to Canadian residents; I sent the link to my friend who lives in the States and they had issues trying to get it work.

Hope this helps!

I really enjoyed that episode myself. I believe it's on Smithsonian Channel though, not Discovery. I emailed Smithsonian to see if they'd put it online, but no luck so far. Maybe if more of us email?

I just did a google search on "NCL Epic Mighty Ships" and the first link that came up for me was a link to Discovery Channel Canada. I was able to watch it, but I'm in Canada. That specific website may be blocked in the usa...

worth a try though.... hope you find a copy you can watch :o

http://watch.discoverychannel.ca/mighty-ships-/mighty-ships-season-5/mighty-ships-5-norwegian-epic/#clip515300

Unfortunately, through extensive searching I was unable to find the NCL Epic episode on Netflix either. I do have streaming and I tried every permutation of the title I could think of to no avail. No Smithsonian Channel for the wife and I either. Maybe it will be available someday...just not today.

Some "Mighty Ships" episodes run on Smithsonian Channel, but not Epic.

In fact, here in So FL, Comcast only gives us Smithsonian On-Demand, no designated channel, but selected programs on request.

I contacted Smithsonian Channel, and they said they have no plans on airing Epic in the US on any of their platforms, even On-Demand.... (at this time.)

Some "Mighty Ships" episodes run on Smithsonian Channel, but not Epic.

I think it may vary from region to region. Mighty Ships Epic was on the Smithsonian channel on Comcast in South Jersey. I didn't even know I had the channel before I looked for it to DVR the show.

If you goto SC website the listing for the Epic show is there under "full episodes" but it is only a 2 minute clip. :confused:

I think it may vary from region to region. Mighty Ships Epic was on the Smithsonian channel on Comcast in South Jersey. I didn't even know I had the channel before I looked for it to DVR the show.

If you goto SC website the listing for the Epic show is there under "full episodes" but it is only a 2 minute clip. :confused:

What channel number do you get Smithsonian on?

Comcast has been trying to get some uniformity to their lineup, area to area.

Do you also get Smithsonian On-Demand, in the Nature and Science list?

According to the local guide 194 is SC in regular def and 1265 in high def. It also appears you need to have one of the higher packages to even get SC.

I know I watched Epic in standard def, because I never knew we even had 4 digit stations until now.

I agree, we watched it on DirecTV here in South Georgia on the Smithsonian Channel. We actually searched, found it, DVR'd, and can watch it whenever we want. :D

Hope you can locate the episode. It is really facinating to see all the happenings behind the scenes as the staf work at clearing and then readying the ship for the next trip. The also note some statistical information regaarding to how many pounds of lobster or potatoes etc that is consumed during a 7-day cruise.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

The Epic episode on Mighty Ships will air on the Smithsonian Channel at 11:00 AM (EDT) today (Sunday, June 17.) This is the first time I've seen it listed which means it will probably be rebroadcast several times this week.

Dave

Archived