Disembarking In Brooklyn

Aussie Gal

We will be disembarking in Brooklyn from the Emerald Princess in October. I want to book a Limousine Company to pick us up and take us to our hotel in New York. The ship is due to dock at Pier 12 in Brooklyn at 7.15am.

What time should we arrange for the transfer? We will not be in any hurry to be first off the ship. As this will be our first time on a large ship I need some guidance as to what would be a suitable time to book the car.

Jennie

We always use a car service in Brooklyn and they have us call them 10-15 minutes before we want to be picked up once we are heading outside and have all of our luggage. ;)

Agree, so you pick the time and request that departure time from the ship. Then just call the pre-arranged car service when you are actually getting off the ship.

Thanks for your advice. What I really wanted to know is whether 9am or 9.30am would be a reasonable time to book the car? As we are do not live in the States, a phone call to the car service would be a prohibitive cost on our cell phone.

Jennie

Thanks for your advice. What I really wanted to know is whether 9am or 9.30am would be a reasonable time to book the car? As we are do not live in the States, a phone call to the car service would be a prohibitive cost on our cell phone.

Jennie

Yes, that would be a good time.

They will still want a call since there could be embarkation delays.

I am sure you can ask a fellow disembarking passenger if you could use his/her phone to make the call.

Jennie

The 2 we use don't take reservations as they have cars available at a moments notice. ;)

Jennie

The United States is different than most other places in the world when it comes to hiring cars. There are usually plenty just waiting around. And sometimes Taxis are more expensive than town car or limo.

The United States is different than most other places in the world when it comes to hiring cars. There are usually plenty just waiting around. And sometimes Taxis are more expensive than town car or limo.

But for a car service (example ww.dial7.com/) in advance will usually get you a better rate than just setting it up when you arrive. And any car service just waiting in line will cost significantly more than a pre-booked one.

But for a car service (example ww.dial7.com/) in advance will usually get you a better rate than just setting it up when you arrive. And any car service just waiting in line will cost significantly more than a pre-booked one.

That is why you haggle. Once I was on a street in DT Chicago and needed to get the airport. There was a stretch limo sitting there. I got him to take me there for $40 cash. I am sure he just kept the money and did not tell the limo company he made the trip.

When there are several sitting around you can bet one of them will do it. Especially if you have cash.

Archived