All things Carnival Breeze!

Topo Gigio

Tell me more about the Italian restaurant's LUNCH pasta bar.

What's offered ? Does it have salads available ? Desserts ?

Thanks, you have until March 1, 2013 to answer. Then, I'll be in FL ready to sail on March 2.

Hi Ruth, I'm also booked in 9472 and was wondering whether you have pictures of the cabin?

Also, is it REALLY small inside like some folks claim? Thanks!

I loved 9472 on the Magic....didn't think it was too small for 2 people

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341152987.259364.jpg.365e495917e2edc77ecf918a5ca83446.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341153046.774281.jpg.357c24597dc6ae9822f2287bf0b0261c.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341153075.955818.jpg.e3742ccaf8e2564771e843a2fab0bf23.jpg

Tell me more about the Italian restaurant's LUNCH pasta bar.

What's offered ? Does it have salads available ? Desserts ?

Thanks, you have until March 1, 2013 to answer. Then, I'll be in FL ready to sail on March 2.

During the day it is much like MacGrill's "build your own pasta" choice. You choose what kind of pasta you want (fettucine, spaghetti, penne, farfalle) and what kind of sauce you want (Alfredo, Marinara, etc) and choose meat (chicken, meatballs) for your dish. You fill out a card and they make it up for you. Salads and Caesar salads are available.

I cannot remember whether they had desserts up there because we always walked back downstairs to see what was on the dessert table.

Hi Ruth, I'm also booked in 9472 and was wondering whether you have pictures of the cabin?

Also, is it REALLY small inside like some folks claim? Thanks!

Hi Ruth,

We're also booked in this cabin on the 2nd August cruise. Would be interested to hear what you thought of the cabin.

Pam.

Sorry for the delay in responding. The cabin is sufficient for two people. Lots of closet space and a little area by the door that allows to keep the luggage out of the way. There was some noise in the very early morning when chairs were being put out. It does not get as hot as other wraps since the over hang comes over quite a bit.

P1010693.jpg.5bee0d54d149a4e17037f854c7c431c1.jpg

P1010692.jpg.dc1cf52ae904e9747b5017f3628e3e56.jpg

P1010695.jpg.b0a8f53456ace078f7c9ed0ff575a6d6.jpg

P1010694.jpg.da3de7ebee06308a4fd8ff41333c5f7d.jpg

P1010701.jpg.656efb2e44328bb859b02e62b8a913a4.jpg

P1010702.jpg.71f1398f417ff7acdbb2837c32c8b03d.jpg

P1010698.jpg.41c340521462428f447dae7e41232c63.jpg

P1010697.jpg.266a1fbf341589b4bb208ee461dad475.jpg

P1010696.jpg.e28f596a9977d9fdb2eb00b8b8ce3887.jpg

During the day it is much like MacGrill's "build your own pasta" choice. You choose what kind of pasta you want (fettucine, spaghetti, penne, farfalle) and what kind of sauce you want (Alfredo, Marinara, etc) and choose meat (chicken, meatballs) for your dish. You fill out a card and they make it up for you. Salads and Caesar salads are available.

I cannot remember whether they had desserts up there because we always walked back downstairs to see what was on the dessert table.

With regards to location, I am inferring that it is one level up from the Lido around the area where the fish n chips station usually is? Also, are there any veggie choices to be mixed in with the pasta? Thanks.

With regards to location, I am inferring that it is one level up from the Lido around the area where the fish n chips station usually is? Also, are there any veggie choices to be mixed in with the pasta? Thanks.

Yes, towards the back of Lido there is a stairway going up. It does have a "Cucina del Capitano" sign but the charge is only for evenings there. There are veggies that can be added to the pasta dishes, you bet!:D Mostly, I remember mushrooms, broccoli, sundried tomatoes but I know there are more.

Edited by GlendaleCruiser

Yes, towards the back of Lido there is a stairway going up. It does have a "Cucina del Capitano" sign but the charge is only for evenings there. There are veggies that can be added to the pasta dishes, you bet!:D Mostly, I remember mushrooms, broccoli, sundried tomatoes but I know there are more.

Thanks for the info.....lets see, we're going to have 5 lunches on board on our six day cruise, so that gives me Cucina del Capitano, Guy's Burgers, Mongolian Wok, Blue Iguana Cantina and the fifth will be a repeat of my favorite. :D

Which place seemed to be the busiest? I know that the wait at the Mongolian Wok can easily be 20-30 minutes, is it the same at Cucina, or is it that many cruisers don't even realize it's there because it's one deck up? I know that many people did not even know about the fish n chips station until later on during the week. It's set up buffet style similar to the Mongolian Wok, except you use a check list for your ingredients, right? It's not set up like a sit down restaurant at lunch time and you give the card to a waitress. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.....lets see, we're going to have 5 lunches on board on our six day cruise, so that gives me Cucina del Capitano, Guy's Burgers, Mongolian Wok, Blue Iguana Cantina and the fifth will be a repeat of my favorite. :D

Which place seemed to be the busiest? I know that the wait at the Mongolian Wok can easily be 20-30 minutes, is it the same at Cucina, or is it that many cruisers don't even realize it's there because it's one deck up? I know that many people did not even know about the fish n chips station until later on during the week. It's set up buffet style similar to the Mongolian Wok, except you use a check list for your ingredients, right? It's not set up like a sit down restaurant at lunch time and you give the card to a waitress. Thanks for the info.

I never found REALLY long lines anywhere. If one place was really busy we would just go see what else wasn't. I ate at Guy's 3 times, Blue Iguana 1 time, Red Frog 1 time, pasta bar 1 time, punchliner brunch 1 time, and Jimmy c's 1 time. We ate at odd times and had 2 unplanned sea days on a 12 day cruise, so I had time to try lots of things.

Wait at Cucina isn't as long because you fill out your card and find a table. When it's done they either bring it to you or you can pick it up. I heard that the wok wasn't as long as normal because they had more cooks but I never tried it. I'm not a fan of MWok. I only found the fish and chips station later in the middle of the Lido Marketplace (near the center back) by accident because I was expecting it to be out aft on the port side. Pizza is there instead. Where pizza used to be is where the Blue Iguana is now.

I never found REALLY long lines anywhere. If one place was really busy we would just go see what else wasn't. I ate at Guy's 3 times, Blue Iguana 1 time, Red Frog 1 time, pasta bar 1 time, punchliner brunch 1 time, and Jimmy c's 1 time. We ate at odd times and had 2 unplanned sea days on a 12 day cruise, so I had time to try lots of things.

How were the lines on the unplanned sea days? When the ship is in port, lunch crowds are usually non existent because most people are off the ship and in port. How was the punchliner brunch? The filet with eggs sounds good.

Sorry for the delay in responding. The cabin is sufficient for two people. Lots of closet space and a little area by the door that allows to keep the luggage out of the way. There was some noise in the very early morning when chairs were being put out. It does not get as hot as other wraps since the over hang comes over quite a bit.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and to post the great pictures. My daughter and myself will be sharing this one and it will be perfect for us - especially if it doesn't get quite so hot. Looks like there will be plenty of space and any noise should help to make sure we're up in time for our port adventures!

Pam.

Some fun stuff I found this morning, I think you all might appreciate! :D

CruiseRadio discussing all the new Breeze features with Gerry Cahill

http://cruiseradio.net/podcasts/carnival-breeze/

The first YouTube channel to show real cruiser footage of the Breeze

(includes favorites such as Serenity, Waterworks, Lido, Hasbro and more)

http://www.youtube.com/user/cruiseandblog

I only found the fish and chips station later in the middle of the Lido Marketplace (near the center back) by accident because I was expecting it to be out aft on the port side. Pizza is there instead. Where pizza used to be is where the Blue Iguana is now.

So there is Fish and Chips? I thought that was only on the Conquest Class ships.

Dress code for formal nights please?

it was a mixed bag on last wks sailing on Breeze. I would say about a quarter of the men had suits, quarter sports jacket, quarter tie, and other just polo. Very lax for elegant nights.

Considering booking an inside quad on the Breeze for next summer. Have never sailed CCL so am not familiar with the ships. Most of the decks are still available for midships locations. Which deck do you all recommend? We prefer early td and will have 2 kids in the clubs, like quiet and I have a tendency for motion issues (I do take bonine throughout the cruise though).

Considering booking an inside quad on the Breeze for next summer. Have never sailed CCL so am not familiar with the ships. Most of the decks are still available for midships locations. Which deck do you all recommend? We prefer early td and will have 2 kids in the clubs, like quiet and I have a tendency for motion issues (I do take bonine throughout the cruise though).

Because of your tendency for motion issues and the fact that you like quiet, I would highly recommend either deck 7 or deck 8, mid-ship. Both of these decks are flanked by other all cabin decks. Deck 9 may have noise from the Lido above, while deck 6 may have noise from the Promenade below. Good luck.