All things Carnival Breeze!

Topo Gigio

Here's a couple of tips you may be interested in knowing before hand.....Europe bound:

There is a charge to use most public restrooms, ranging in price from 50 Euro upwards to $1.50 Euro. In most cafe's that have restrooms, it is expected that you purchase something before using their facilities, whether it's a cold drink or a snack. The McDonald's in Pisa required you enter the code from the bottom of your receipt to get into the restroom stall.

Unlike the USA, MANY places charge a service fee to actually sit at their table and eat your food! Be sure to look for signs next to the restaurant's outdoor menu that states "NO SERVICE FEE" or "NO COVER CHARGE". Otherwise, they tack on a fee to be seated.

The ship does not handle the exchange of foreign currency, but no need to worry. There are Currency Exchange stores in all ports, including banks, that you will be able to exchange your US dollars for Euros.

If you're into playing Bingo onboard the ship and you happen to win, the ship no longer pays you in cash. Instead, your winnings come off your sail & sign tab. I won a $170 bingo and was disappointed to find this out! LOL

Karen

Edited by kgm0612

I know, I know :(

But 4 months is much sooner and will go much faster then the 10 months I have to wait to experience her myself. :)

I'll let you know how she is when we sail on her in January....we specifically picked that sailing because it's six days with only 2 ports of call in Grand Turk and Montego Bay, giving us an extra day at sea to enjoy all that the Breeze has to offer. With so many different lunch choices, it will be difficult to choose. I think we'll do the Punchliners Brunch as soon as it opens at 900 or 930 on the sea days, so we'll still be able to have a Guy's Burger or pasta at the cucina del capitano or BBQ at Jimmy's C-Side or a bowl from the Mongolian Wok around 200 or 230...LOL.

This is kind of a stupid question, but at Bonsai Sushi, the sushi ship comes with $4 california roll and a $6 Bonsai Triple E roll... does anyone know if you can substitute a roll of the same value in place of another?

Really stupid random question. :)

I'll let you know how she is when we sail on her in January....we specifically picked that sailing because it's six days with only 2 ports of call in Grand Turk and Montego Bay, giving us an extra day at sea to enjoy all that the Breeze has to offer. With so many different lunch choices, it will be difficult to choose. I think we'll do the Punchliners Brunch as soon as it opens at 900 or 930 on the sea days, so we'll still be able to have a Guy's Burger or pasta at the cucina del capitano or BBQ at Jimmy's C-Side or a bowl from the Mongolian Wok around 200 or 230...LOL.

I'm super excited about our itinerary...we have 8 nights and FOUR sea days! 2 of them bring the last 2 days! We should have plenty of time to try everything! I want to try it all! ESP guys burger and bonsai! Yum!!

Does anyone know if the Breeze has board games for people to use on seaday. 15 Day TransAtlantic- fun way to fill the day, going up against other C.C. members on our rollcall. Julie G.

I saw many people throughout the ship playing different board games, so I would think they were provided by Carnival.

Karen

I saw many people throughout the ship playing different board games, so I would think they were provided by Carnival.

Karen

I believe you get them from the library bartender. When we were on the Breeze, we got to know a bartender at the Tides Pool Bar. Two days before the end of the cruise, she got moved to the library bar. A fellow bartender from Tides told us where she was moved to and to go and make sure she was wearing her "librarian glasses". We went and she told us the busiest part of her job now was getting board games for people. :eek:

We stayed at the Tryp Apolo which wasn't far from Las Ramblas and the cost was under $20 Euro's.

Karen

Hi Karen:)

We are staying at the Tryp Apolo Sept 30 for our Oct 1 Breeze cruise. How would you rate the hotel?? Thanks, Claudia

We are booked for our 1st B2B on the Breeze for her inaugural cruise in the Caribbean and we can hardly wait. We sailed the Dream last year and loved it so we are definitely looking forward to enjoying what the Breeze has to offer.

We are booked for our 1st B2B on the Breeze for her inaugural cruise in the Caribbean and we can hardly wait. We sailed the Dream last year and loved it so we are definitely looking forward to enjoying what the Breeze has to offer.

WOW! I am so jealous! I am longing to do B2B some day and the Breeze seems like a great ship to do it on.......Hoping you will post a review with lots of photos :D

So glad to find this thread.

We just booked the Breeze for January, 2014. With all of these eateries, it's going to be hard to find the time to squeeze in two of my favorite places: Schooner Wharf Bar in Key West and Twin Brothers in Nassau!

So glad to find this thread.

We just booked the Breeze for January, 2014. With all of these eateries, it's going to be hard to find the time to squeeze in two of my favorite places: Schooner Wharf Bar in Key West and Twin Brothers in Nassau!

With so much to do on the Breeze, why bother getting off in Nassau?

With so much to do on the Breeze, why bother getting off in Nassau?

Most cruisers would agree with that, SNJ - but I'm not gonna pass up a chance to order conch fritters and fried plantains. The grouper's pretty good at the Schooner Wharf Bar too but that's really not why I go there. That's my chance to hear Michael McCloud. If you like Jimmy Buffett, you'll love Michael McCloud.

SNJ, how close are you to Philly? We're down by the entrance to the Atlantic City Expressway.

Most cruisers would agree with that, SNJ - but I'm not gonna pass up a chance to order conch fritters and fried plantains. The grouper's pretty good at the Schooner Wharf Bar too but that's really not why I go there. That's my chance to hear Michael McCloud. If you like Jimmy Buffett, you'll love Michael McCloud.

SNJ, how close are you to Philly? We're down by the entrance to the Atlantic City Expressway.

Turnersville or Sewell?

On the Breeze reviews several people state of the ship being overcrowded and lines of people everywhere,did anyone else experience this or was it just the few that gave bad reviews,Not seen many brilliant reviews.I am on her in sept and thought the reviews would be alot more positive with it being a new ship,any one got any balcony cabins pics pls

thanks lolmerry

We got back from the breeze yesterday, and while we had a fantastic time, there is no doubt the ship is very crowded, especially at the restaurants at certain times, and on the lido deck. We learnt quickly to avoid the lido buffet for breakfast on port days unless u go very early, just go to blush restaurant for a sit down breakfast, far more relaxing! In the evenings if you are on your time dining go before 7.15, by 8pm the lines were long to get a table, go even earlier on elegant nights! And if you want a nice spot on the deck on sea days, you need to be up very early, by 6.30am. Saying that, on this cruise after hundreds of complaints they agreed to introduce a ban on saving sunbeds, originally they refused to get involved stating that "people are here to enjoy their holiday, we are not going to get involved", but the sunbed wars were getting out of control! They started putting stickers on beds with nobody sat on them that had been reserved with a towel, and if they didn't return in 40 mins towels get removed. They need to stick with this as the pools are small for the number of passengers on board. That said, we had a fabulous cruise. The food was excellent and the staff very obliging. Didn't think much of the evening entertainment though....

So the "bloggers cruise" is January 19th?

What exactly does the bloggers cruise entail?

Everybody dresses like JH and they all drink his Kool aid at the same time everyday. They try talking and walking like him. Several times there are offerings made to hin and incense burning. On formal night JH will wear the underwear he always wears while blogging.

LOL, I have no idea and don't need to know.

Turnersville or Sewell?

We're almost neighbors. We live in Terrestria, down the road from Villari's. Too bad we're not on the same Breeze cruise. It would have been nice to meet you. You're going a year before us though so please write about it when you get back. Then again, maybe you'll be back on it for our cruise!