All things Carnival Breeze!

Topo Gigio

Use cash on the islands to avoid extra fees when using credit cards.

I know this was an old post, and that the person who posted it had cut and pasted the info from another site, but, it really depends on what you're buying. If you're buying any type of electronics or jewlery, do NOT pay with cash. If you pay in cash, and your new camera falls apart after you get home – or that $1000 diamond ends up being part of a broken pop bottle – you have absolutely no recourse. Even if you contact the store on the island, odds of them giving your money back is next to zero. Trust me, I've had experience with this.

If you use a credit card, you at least have the ability to dispute the charge while you attempt to get the issue(s) resolved.

Hopping on the BREEZE on May 10....looking forward to it!

We have the Breeze booked for Jan 31, 2015. Woohoo! It's a long wait, but in the meantime...we have a daughter graduating college in May, and getting married in Nov. A son graduating high school in May and entering the Airforce, in Nov. And another son getting married in June, that we have to fly to Md. for.

At least we'll be busy while we wait to cruise. This will be our TGIO cruise (thank goodness it's over), and we will officially be empty nesters for the first time!

I am so very excited, and I compulsively read CC boards, and check price drops. We'll be on the John Heald blogger's cruise, so I'm not expecting much in the way of price drops, but I always hope.

We booked a Spa cabin for the first time, to relax after all the kid events!

Hello...

I stumbled upon this thread for "All things Breeze" and I am hoping that it gets enough traffic to answer my questions and or give perspectives on taking my first first Carnival cruise on the Breeze.

I am really open to a lot of different room types, but wondering what I should think about booking as a first time Carnival cruiser. I see a lot of mixed feelings on spa balcony rooms and wondering what people think of the spa balcony suites on Deck 11. One thing I am sure most will say is that "for the price, it isn't worth it."

I am wondering the same thing... are suites on Carnival worth all the money? Besides getting a lot more room than a standard sized room, what do you really get? Are those "extras" worth tipping the scales one way or the other?

Anyway, I am looking at a booking for mid-February 2015. This should be prior to most vacationers on spring break. Any thougths about when to go as well? Also, is there a better time to think about booking a stateroom category? Do the prices drop much after final payment? Can you get excellent deals if willing to wait and book 1-2 months out?

I'm open to hearing all types of perspectives from cruisers that routinely enjoy taking a Carnival cruise vacation. Let me know what you like best about your type of stateroom accommodation and why? Let me know why you would be willing to pay more for different types of stateroom categories.

You can see that I have cruised quite a bit on a variety of cruise lines (with most of those cruises on Celebrity). If you want to compare/contrast your experiences for me with other cruise lines you have been on so that I have a feel for what I am getting myself into, I am all in favor of you sharing your thougths with me.

Thanks so much! I look forward to hearing your thoughts! :D

I too am a regular Celebrity cruiser. I've taken Carnival a few times, mostly the weekend cruises since we live close to Miami. But a little over 2 years ago we did our first week long Carnival cruise. We are scheduled to take the Breeze this Sunday for a 6 night cruise.

We booked the Breeze for a couple of reasons. First, there were no Celebrity ships left here in May and that is when we wanted to sail. RCCL was way over the top in price, I mean ridiculous. And lastly we wanted a large ship as we are not fans of the 70 - 80 ton ships. For us it is the bigger the better. That is when I stumbled upon the Breeze. It looks like a great ship, good size with lots of cool features and fairly new. I am pretty excited to be getting on her.

From what I have seen, suites are not given any special treatment like some other cruise lines but others will comment. We are in a Spa balcony this trip but were upgraded from a balcony guarantee. Don't think I would have booked it otherwise. We always get a balcony for anything over 4 nights.

I have to tell you, and I don't mean anything bad about this, but Carnival is a lot different than Celebrity. Not bad, just different. And I'm not talking food, service, etc as they are good on both lines. It's just a different vibe. Very chaotic and loud is the best way I can put it. More of a party, do things atmosphere. They have the large water works, ropes course, huge, loud TV at the pool all day. Lot's going on. Where we go on a cruise to relax, the majority of Carnival cruisers don't. And that's OK. Doesn't mean I won't try the waterside a few times!

You should have fun, I know we will. Book it and have fun!

Since you guys are regular Celebrity cruisers, I think you did a good job to choose the Breeze. It's by far my (only) favorite Carnival ship!

To enhance the experience a little bit more, I would suggest to hit the specialty restaurants like Fahrenheit 555, Bonsai Sushi, Cucina del Capitano. They are all well worth the cover charge.

Just keep in mind that entertainment is lacking...

Thanks, I am really looking forward to this cruise. I think the ship will be awesome! My big issue is there are not enough sea days to take advantage of all the food offerings :)

Edited by Duanerice1

How long is the Breeze the old menu..When does it change to Americana?

John Heald responded to me last night that the Breeze is keeping the old menus for the near future and they have no plans to roll the new menus out on the Breeze at this time.

John Heald responded to me last night that the Breeze is keeping the old menus for the near future and they have no plans to roll the new menus out on the Breeze at this time.

Does anyone have the menus for each day at dinner? I'm trying to figure out which day to book the steakhouse. Thanks in advance.

Thank you so very much...have a great weekend..Sarah

Hey, can anyone tell me on average how much drinks cost: sodas (probably won't drink much of these but it would be nice to know), alcoholic beverages, juice, water? Also, did anyone find it beneficial to get any of the drink packages? I was considering getting the Cheers package, but I don't think it would be economical because I don't drink as much as my husband. So I just wanted to see on average what we would end up spending on our own. We do plan on bringing some wine and some juice on board with us but not sure how long that will last us on an 8 day cruise. Thanks for you help.