Best way to get an upgrade on Carnival?

redheadinlove

If you mean a free upgrade...no one really knows how they're handed out. If you wish to buy your own upgrade, you can do that anytime you wish...they will never turn down your money, assuming a better cabin is available!

Those who do get an offer is usually an "upSELL" which requires paying more $ for an upgraded cabin. Some are decent deals, some aren't.

How people are selected to be called is a mystery to those of us with many cruises who have never received an upgrade or upsell.

Best thing is to book in a category that you can live with since the chance of no upsell/upgrade is much greater than getting one. And then check for price drops too.

You can always call them a few weeks out and see what you could be moved to and for how much.

If you are looking to book a inside and hope to get a balcony-- dont.

Book a category in what you will be most comfortable in.

MOST people who book a guarantee get the category they booked--maybe a higher deck.

The best way to get the upgrade--pay for it before they sell out.

I do not do guarantees- especially for a sept sailing.

Its prime time hurricane season- waters could be rough. Midship and above and below cabin space. away from public noise areas

On past cruises I watched prices drop, upgraded for free, and paid for upgrades. This cruise, most in my party (5 cabins), have gotten free upgrades going from IS (deck 4) to Extended Balconies (deck 7)!!!! I was on deck 4 (obstructed view balcony), and got a free upgrade to a balcony on deck 5. The last time we upgraded (Monday-Wednesday), we were able to upgrade to deck 7, all getting extended balconies. Because I booked under Military rate, I had to pay $20 to join them on deck 7, but it was well worth it!!! Today the price for all cabins except suites are half of what they have been all year, and what I paid!!!

Archived