Grandeur of the Seas Refurbishment

Hi.....We are on board in 12 days!!! Haven't been on her since 2004' date=' so can you tell me the location of the pool bar? From your pictures it looks like it is under the movie screen. Is that correct? We are meeting our roll call group there and I want to be sure that's where it is.[/size']

Lots of pictures to come when I get back!!!

And do not hesitate to book the specialty restaurants. You will not be disappointed!

Enjoy your cruise! Please do post pictures and/or review here for us to see.

I asked this question in another thread but since there are "experts" here I'll ask again.

Are there any quiet outdoor areas on Grandeur where you can get away from the crowds and announcements around the pool to read a book, watch the wake etc?

There are quiet spots to be had at the very front of the ship and at the back. The front would probably be the quietest as it's away from the announcements and any general traffic and there is a very top section which would be very peaceful. Obviously to see the wake you would need to be at the back and the climbing wall is there, but it's not open all the time and even though isn't a particularly noisy activity, and there are seating areas adjacent to it.

This is a picture which I took of the aft of Grandeur whilst we were docked alongside her earlier in the year.

IMG_5781.jpg.bbe648b0eddbd68a7f9607b785595499.jpg

For those interested in a picture of the window in the new Outside Cabins on Deck 8 (and 7), here is one from Cabin 8539 on the Grandeur. Sofa was a sofa bed, which I did not try, . . . however, I did nap on the sofa a few times. :)

Cabin8539Window.jpg

For those interested in a picture of the window in the new Outside Cabins on Deck 8 (and 7), here is one from Cabin 8539 on the Grandeur. Sofa was a sofa bed, which I did not try, . . . however, I did nap on the sofa a few times. :)

Cabin8539Window.jpg

I will be in the room below this on deck 7. Where is the bed and do you have any other pics of the room ? Thanks !

There are quiet spots to be had at the very front of the ship and at the back. The front would probably be the quietest as it's away from the announcements and any general traffic and there is a very top section which would be very peaceful. Obviously to see the wake you would need to be at the back and the climbing wall is there, but it's not open all the time and even though isn't a particularly noisy activity, and there are seating areas adjacent to it.

This is a picture which I took of the aft of Grandeur whilst we were docked alongside her earlier in the year.

Thanks...that's good to know!

I will be in the room below this on deck 7. Where is the bed and do you have any other pics of the room ? Thanks !

Here you go, . . . from the door way - bathroom to the left, closet is to the right.

Cabin8539.jpg

Edited by brentp

Cabin8539Window.jpg

Hi Brentp...I appreciate the great pic as I have one of these rooms (8037) booked for a future cruise. That window is awesome and you can have a great view while lounging on the sofa. I have one more question please. Your picture shows a vanity with a nice flat screen tv. I'd like to know if there is a mirror there also...I like to use that mirror and hairdryer on other cruise ships. Thanks, Pat:D

Here you go, . . . from the door way - bathroom to the left, closet is to the right.

Cabin8539.jpg

Wow, that looks great! Seeing as we have 8541, to the right of your cabin, I assume we'll have the other half of the window circle, and that the beds/sofa etc will be on the opposite side of the wall.

There will be 3 of us (all adults), do you think it will be roomy enough? It's looks less wide than the OV we had on Grand Princess, but deeper. Any pics of the bathroom please?! Thanks :)

Edited by nellydean

Cabin8539.jpg

Great photo...thanks. Just curious if you think the noise from below these cabins on the 7th deck would be less or greater than the noise from deck chairs etc. that you noticed in your cabin on the 8th deck?

Great photo...thanks. Just curious if you think the noise from below these cabins on the 7th deck would be less or greater than the noise from deck chairs etc. that you noticed in your cabin on the 8th deck?

There are always exceptions, but I would say that having a deck of cabins (which are carpeted, as well as the hallways) above you is preferable to having a public deck, so we are hoping we don't get too much noise from the pool deck on 9.

We had a lovely hump cabin on BOS under the Conciege Lounge and the noise in the middle of the night, as the cleaners went about their business, was horrific and woke us up and kept us awake. Fortunately, it died down after a few days. With that in mind, we have booked late dinner, so will stay up later and, therefore, be drinking later which, hopefully means we won't hear any noise should it occur, as we will be under the influence still and impervious to it :D

Edited by nellydean

Your picture shows a vanity with a nice flat screen tv. I'd like to know if there is a mirror there also...I like to use that mirror and hairdryer on other cruise ships. Thanks, Pat:D

Yes, large mirror is part of the wall unit next to the TV. Their provided hair dryer is in the cabinet there as well (we brought our own) as were 2 US style power outlets (only outlets in the room). This is where we dried our hair each day, . . . believe this to be the only practical location.

There will be 3 of us (all adults), do you think it will be roomy enough? It's looks less wide than the OV we had on Grand Princess, but deeper. Any pics of the bathroom please?! Thanks :)

We felt the room was quit roomy. Without specific data to back this up, I felt these rooms might be slightly larger than the standard OV stateroom on the Grandeur (we were in one 10 years ago). Standard rooms have the bed headboard back against the window and a very small sitting area between the bed and the bath. This configuration just seemed a bit larger to me. I would think 3 adults - if friendly and they desire to do so - would do OK in this room. Again, I never converted the sofa to a bed, so not sure what that is like when it is out, but think it would only be like that at night and all would be good.

Don't know and this is a very good question. From these cabins on Deck 8, there was some, but it was limited noise from above. Directly above was the very end of the pool deck and the pool butler stations. We heard occasional chairs and occasional trolleys being rolled across the floor. Never after we went to bed. On Deck 7, the area below the cabins would be exposed to open air and the Centrum. Would that allow more Centrum noise to find its way into the cabin at night? It might, but I don't have any direct experience to comment further.

Thanks Brentp for all the info on these myetery rooms!

We have 3 new rooms booked (7th floor old library) for a 2013 Christmas / New Year combo 10 night cruise out of Baltimore. Looks great with a super price and perks! :D

Cabin8539.jpg

On further question: is there a space between the bed and side of the bathroom, or is it pushed up against it?! Hard to tell looking at the pic, thanks.

On further question: is there a space between the bed and side of the bathroom, or is it pushed up against it?! Hard to tell looking at the pic, thanks.

Yes there is, . . . there is a small walkway that is clear on both sides - and a bed side table with wall lamp above it. I might have another picture that shows this and if so, . . . will try to post later in the day.

Edited by brentp

Yes there is, . . . there is a small walkway that is clear on both sides - and a bed side table with wall lamp above it. I might have another picture that shows this and if so, . . . will try to post later in the day.

Many thanks :)

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...