Luggage Size for Ship Only

CRUISE4JANE

I have a 26 inch suitcase which sometimes has been allowed, so I know it fits thru the scanner, which at least 4 times I had to go back and check it.

dont believe people who post if it goes thru the scanner you can carry it on .. depends on the port and the folks and if they want to make you check it or not.

For sure it fits, and for sure I have NOT been allowed to carry it on .. this was in both NOLA and Galveston where I could not carry it on.

this is a thin cheap suitcase I let my sister use sometimes. It does not expand, and since I have carried it on at times, I am 100% sure it fit thru the scanner, but yet I have been forced to check it and not allowed to enter the terminal with it ..

there is nothing in writing either saying if it fits thru the scanner its ok. If they wouldnt let you enter the terminal, nothing you can do but check it, unless you want to get into a bigger fight that you probably cant win.

I have a 26 inch suitcase which sometimes has been allowed, so I know it fits thru the scanner, which at least 4 times I had to go back and check it.

dont believe people who post if it goes thru the scanner you can carry it on .. depends on the port and the folks and if they want to make you check it or not.

For sure it fits, and for sure I have NOT been allowed to carry it on .. this was in both NOLA and Galveston where I could not carry it on.

this is a thin cheap suitcase I let my sister use sometimes. It does not expand, and since I have carried it on at times, I am 100% sure it fit thru the scanner, but yet I have been forced to check it and not allowed to enter the terminal with it ..

there is nothing in writing either saying if it fits thru the scanner its ok. If they wouldnt let you enter the terminal, nothing you can do but check it, unless you want to get into a bigger fight that you probably cant win.

To the OP...our experience has been the same as firefly's...particularly in Galveston. For years, we have taken one 26" carryon through the scanners at the Port of Galveston. We know for sure that it fits through the scanners...but sometimes the person at the door tells us...go check it--it will not go through the scanners. So we just take it over to one of the porters if we are questioned...not worth arguing about it. He takes it on business trips quite often and has no trouble getting it through the airport scanners.

• 2 months later...
What happens if you have bigger suitcases than 24" wide x 16" height?

For a cruise I normally pack TWO 32" and TWO 27" suitcases.

Don't look at the dimesions as width or height, suitcases can be 24 x 16 x howlongcanitbe. If two of the dimensions are equal to or smaller than 24 x 16 you are fine. A 32 x 14 x 10 is good.

Personally I would check anything that large or wait until the cabins are opened.

Make sure anything important stays with you. So if the 32" is needed for medical supplies then schlep it on.

Archived