HAL Luggage Tags

VaCruzers

The tags we received in our cruise docs have an elastic-type string to attach the tags to the bags. Are these sufficient to ensure the tag will stay on, or do you recommend an alternate method of attaching the tags? We are flying in the day before so will put our tags on the morning of the cruise for transfer to the pier & then just onto the ship. Thanks for any recommendations.

Haven't lost one yet. Also be sure to have the usual baggage tags with your name/address etc.

Putting them on before you leave for the pier is a good practice.

Ditto what Ruth said.

We have never had an HAL tag fall off our suitcases but we are very sure to always have other ID's on it.....just in case.

We always stay pre-cruise in a hotel and put our HAL tags on when we are ready to leave for the pier.

If I've used HAL air arrangements, I'll attach them prior to boarding flight from home. In addition to itinerary in bags, I *hope* in case of lost luggage, it'll help the luggage catch up with me. Actually, I think that's what the instructions say to do.

Fortunately, no problems yet. We'll see what Monday has in store for us.

We just filled ours out ahead of time, then when the Taxi dropped us off at the pier, we put the tags on right away. The baggage guys in San Diego were very quick to meet us at taxi, but waited for us to get the tags on.

I also saved the tags once our luggage was delivered so that I could retag when they picked up our luggage on last night

If your bag gets lost in the airport on the way home, they may see the ship tag and send it there. We toss the ship tags when we unpack.

We just filled ours out ahead of time, then when the Taxi dropped us off at the pier, we put the tags on right away. The baggage guys in San Diego were very quick to meet us at taxi, but waited for us to get the tags on.

I also saved the tags once our luggage was delivered so that I could retag when they picked up our luggage on last night

Archived