Be Aware!! Carnival is not honest!!

Coach D

There is value to the raffle tickets. If you buy them they are I think $10 ea or like 3 for $20.00. They go in the "win a cruise" raffle.

Now, I have been on a lot of cruises and a few 4 day cruises and after they took away win a cruise bingo on the last night and replaced it with win cruise raffle I can remember having a raffle on most if not all sailings. It is not always at night, I have seen it held at 10:30am or 11:30am before. It is a huge money maker for Carnival.

I would think the raffle tickets would be something that are very accounted for. It seams strange that someone would be handing them out if they were not assigned to them for that sailing and accounted for. They are sold for cash so money could be pocketed, if not closely watched over and they would need to be able to make sure the ticket was sold and not stolen somehow.

What OP should do is if they kept their Capers is go back and look and see if the raffle is listed any where.

There is value to the raffle tickets. If you buy them they are I think $10 ea or like 3 for $20.00. They go in the "win a cruise" raffle.

Now, I have been on a lot of cruises and a few 4 day cruises and after they took away win a cruise bingo on the last night and replaced it with win cruise raffle I can remember having a raffle on most if not all sailings. It is not always at night, I have seen it held at 10:30am or 11:30am before. It is a huge money maker for Carnival.

I would think the raffle tickets would be something that are very accounted for. It seams strange that someone would be handing them out if they were not assigned to them for that sailing and accounted for. They are sold for cash so money could be pocketed, if not closely watched over and they would need to be able to make sure the ticket was sold and not stolen somehow.

What OP should do is if they kept their Capers is go back and look and see if the raffle is listed any where.

I don't think I was clear about the raffle tickets. It may of sounded like I did not believe that a raffle ticket was given out to the OP. What I meant was I would not think that the credit card person would have raffle tickets to give out if no raffle was going to be held because of accountability of the tickets.

So, if he had tickets someone else gave them to him to give out. It was not that person that gave you wrong song and dance. He was doing what he was told and thought to be true. But it still does not make it right.

Personally, I don't think that any form of compensation is appropriate in this situation. Yes, the employee wasn't thinking that it was a 4 day cruise when he gave the OP the "sign up for this credit card and you could win a free cruise" presentation (which I think is an honest mistake when he has to say the same thing over and over, cruise after cruise after cruise), but the OP didn't loose any money and his cruise wasn't affected in any way by this inaccurate information.

If it had been something different, like the OP purchased $100 worth of bingo cards to win a free cruise, and then the grand prize turned out to be a ship on a stick, then I think compensation would've been appropriate.

Although I don't think further recourse is necessary, the OP complained at Guest Services and then followed up with Guest Relations at HQ when he returned from the cruise, so I'm wondering what HE wants to get out of it.

The op had something far more important than the cruise affected by this scam, His/her credit score. Granted it was his/her decision to fill out the application,but he/she was inticed to do so with a gimmick that Carnival had to know about, and supported!

Really not going to cruise Carnival again over a raffle! Isn't there more important things in life to worry about other than a raffle that you most likely wouldn't have won anyway.

I think it was more the lack of consideration and the non-existent customer service that has him most upset. I know I would be irate if I were treated like that!

Aside from that, bait-and-switch-type tactics are a BIG no-no when you're dealing with credit cards! If Carnival was not previously aware of Barclay's policies, they needed to be made aware. No corporation of that size needs THAT sort of bad publicity!

I don't think I was clear about the raffle tickets. It may of sounded like I did not believe that a raffle ticket was given out to the OP. What I meant was I would not think that the credit card person would have raffle tickets to give out if no raffle was going to be held because of accountability of the tickets.

So, if he had tickets someone else gave them to him to give out. It was not that person that gave you wrong song and dance. He was doing what he was told and thought to be true. But it still does not make it right.

She did not have the raffle ticket when I signed up she said she was not given them YET. I went back a day later and the same girl gave me my raffle ticket that she obviously recd from someone to give out. My guess is not enough signed up so they pulled the drawing without telling those of us who sat in the Palace theatre waiting for the raffle. When we went to the front desk they said it was a mistake right away it was like they were waiting for us and already had a answer.

thanks for all the feed back. I will also send a copy of the letter to the cc company along with a copy of the raffle ticket. The CC girl even wrote the time and the place of the drawing on the ticket for me. Someone gave her the tickets to give out I did not go back and get mine until the next day since she did not have them day 1. Very Fishy!!

She did not have the raffle ticket when I signed up she said she was not given them YET. I went back a day later and the same girl gave me my raffle ticket that she obviously recd from someone to give out. My guess is not enough signed up so they pulled the drawing without telling those of us who sat in the Palace theatre waiting for the raffle. When we went to the front desk they said it was a mistake right away it was like they were waiting for us and already had a answer.

But the raffle is not just for the credit card sign ups. It is for the whole ship. The credit card people just get you a free entry to the "win a cruise raffle" that is held on board, anyone can buy a ticket you just received a comp ticket. The ticket would have cost anyone else $10.00 to buy.

That is what is strange when they release the raffle tickets they come from a higher up who should be in charge of bingo, raffles and the lotto tear offs that they sell, that person should have known if a raffle was going to happen or not long in advance.

The ticket are worth a lot of money and each one is accounted for in some way. Like i said earlier "win a cruise raffle" is a big money make I am surprised they did not have one.

I must be a very laid back person! I have no problem with what the op posted as it should not have happened. However, if it had happened to me, I think I would have just said to myself that I would not waste my time doing the same thing in the future since it didn't cost me any $$$ but just a little of my time. Is it really that big of a deal that anyone would be that upset and waste alot of time trying to be compensated for what did not cost anyone any $$$?

What I find funny is the amount of people who have responded to the op on this subject. #!@#, I'm now one of the posters!

It's 4:50 on a beautiful day in beautiful costal NC and I believe it's brew-ski time!

I wonder what would have happened if you would have asked for your 'credit application' to be returned and voided??

That's what I was thinking. And also, I think an honest to goodness apology goes a long way.

And that half the responses on here is exactly why this forum can be a big downer for people who don't come here just to mitch and boan all day.

I remember buying a free cruise raffle ticket last year at the Past Guest party. I waited through the whole past guest party to hear them announce the winner. I would have been pretty upset if after waiting for the announcement, nothing happened.

Unrelated, I just used a $260 statement credit from my Carnival MasterCard to pay for some of my cruise:) After using that credit, I opened up a Capital One Venture Rewards card and now earn double points and can use the card outside of the U.S. without fees.

Ok, so I'm curious. When did Carnival, commit to this raffle? Isn't this the same "free cruise raffle" held the last night of many 7+ night cruises, but not held on 4 night cruises? I've got a few Capers and Fun Times from past 7 night cruises where the free cruise raffle was held, like 10PM the last night of the cruise. I can't be certain, but thought 4 night cruises, this raffle was not held?

So, a rep from probably Barclay's, who promotes the credit card, unintentionally or intentionally, (intentionally of course is assumed by most here, since it adds to the drama) says..sign up for card, get a free ticket for the free cruise raffle, that already was not being held on the cruise. It's at least conceivable that the cc person, overlooked that, maybe because most cruises that person promoted the CC on were 7 days were the raffle was held. So they give out a bunch of raffle tickets to a raffle not being held. Bunch of folks show up for the raffle, which does not happen.

Carnival of course was fully aware of this and let it happen anyway?

When I got my carnival card a few months ago. I was told on the last night after bingo a show or something they would draw for the free cruise. You had to be present to win. They did it on my cruise and some lucky person won. I think they had to draw 3 or 4 times before they got a person who was present. All was good. So they do it.

I may be missing the point but my impression is that the lack of the drawing started the issue but the poor customer service is what fueled the fire.

There will be always be issues when working with customers. What matters is how those issues are handled. From my perspective CCL dropped the ball when handling this issue.

All CCL had to do was acknowledge the issue, apologize for the issue occurring and make a token gesture toward the guest. A couple of drinks, a free photo, a dinner in the specialty restaurant something more than go have a drink. Another poster already listed this.

I am long time CCL supporter but have experienced poor customer service on my last two dealings with CCL as well. All you can do is tell CCL of the issue, if it is not resolved to your satisfaction contact the corporate office and if you are still not satisfied take your vacation dollar elsewhere.

Best of luck and I hope that this issue did not ruin your whole cruise.

It is against CC policy to criticize others spelling errors! Perhaps you have reading issues! touché. JK...but really that is unkind and uncalled for!

I do understand what the OP is saying and they are correct, they were misled and perhaps are still in the initial stage of being mad about it, it happens!

I would like to than silvercrikhix for sticking up for the folks who can't read or write well. I'm one of the ones who can't.That don't mean we are stuped or need to be told it. I have done very well in my life and have 4 sons and 3 grandkids and 1 great granddaughter. They all care about their pop and would never say a word about someone schoolling or lack of around me. It dosen't mean that we don't have something to offer on CC. Sorry but had to get this off my chest.Some of us don't how to use spell check

The "Carnival" credit card is run by Barclay USA and that person who mans the desk is a contact employee for Barclay - not Carnival.

Sounds like OP's beef is with Barclay USA, not Carnival. And with the state of people's personal credit, do we all really need to be applying for random credit cards for free gifts. Just my pet peeve.

Now saying that, if Carnival suspect Barclay is not playing fair while on it's ship, what have they done about investigating and dealing with it appropriately

Barklay may be at fault but someone gave them the raffle tickets to give out. No it did not wreck my cruise it happened last night between 10pm and 11. Wrecked the rest of that night. Prior to that everything was great.

Archived