Another ES question

CanWeGoYet?

I have 2 short, cheap cruises booked and another one that is way off in the future. I've never booked ES before and have a question on the rules.

If I booked ES to get the lowest rate on the 2 cruises coming up this year & then needed to cancel - could I apply the funds from that deposit to the cruise (already booked) for late 2013? I asked a carnival rep and was told yes, it would not have to be applied as a deposit on a brand new booking. She said those funds could be applied to the balance due on the cruise scheduled next year. But I seem to recall reading otherwise - and so I'm trying to check it out further here.

If I switch to ES now it will end up saving me $100 right off the bat, and considering I'll probably be paying 200% cruising solo that would help.

When canceling an ES cruise your deposit is held for another cruise. Carnival does keep $50 as a penalty.

We had to cancel DD from an ES booking and she was able to use her remaining deposit to be used towards a previously booked cruise.

(This is assuming you are not in any other penalty period.)

Archived