Ex-UK Luggage allowance

I picked my tickets up yesterday and it states that the luggage allowance for the Baltic Highlights departing from Newcastle is 20 kg each!!! I thought one of the advantages of sailing Ex-Uk was that you can pack what you want! Do they actually weigh the luggage or is this to be ignored like it also tells you that you must fill in the api?

I picked my tickets up yesterday and it states that the luggage allowance for the Baltic Highlights departing from Newcastle is 20 kg each!!! I thought one of the advantages of sailing Ex-Uk was that you can pack what you want! Do they actually weigh the luggage or is this to be ignored like it also tells you that you must fill in the api?

I'm guessing, like the API, this might be a mistake and is on all tickets as a default setting. Never known them to weigh cases for ex-UK sailings. I would think that you can take as much as you want. Although, knowing Thomson, you never know, they may start.

I'm guessing, like the API, this might be a mistake and is on all tickets as a default setting. Never known them to weigh cases for ex-UK sailings. I would think that you can take as much as you want. Although, knowing Thomson, you never know, they may start.

No, I think like you say it's a default - like when you used to get your ticket booklet and it had all kinds of safety advice which clearly related to staying in a hotel - irrespective of whether you were just on a cruise or cruise and stay.

We've never had a problem with sailing out of the UK - we usually took three cases. In the brochure it specifically says no luggage limit sailing out of the UK provided no one piece of luggage exceeds 20 Kg. (Rip that page out of the brochure to take with you - just in case but I'm sure that there won't be a problem as long as you stay within the maximum weight limit per case.)

I think Sailaway & kruzseeka are right here .

If you go on Thomson site and click on the extra Tab and then the API Tab , the the bottom line just before where you fill the form in reads ...

If your holiday departure is within the next 6 months and has a flight element, please enter your details below. (Excludes departures from Republic of Ireland).

So I would say its just Default printing too .:)

Quote from current brochure A - Z page 211 re luggage:

"On Cruises from the UK. There are no luggage restrictions on cruises from the UK, provided no one piece of luggage weighs more than 20kg. But please bear in mind that storage in your cabin is limited."

Hope this helps.

We sailed the Baltic from Newcastle on 29th May 2012. You don't need to complete API details. The limit is 20kg per piece of luggage. We took 3 cases plus hand luggage & had no problems.

There may be a limit to the number of items if you are using a Ledger coach.

Thanks everyone, I knew I would get a proper answer here, when I asked the girl at the travel agents she said " That's what it says on you ticket" !! She was too busy trying to sell me currency than caring about a query.

wooo...now hold on a minute....with this new direction of thomson trying to charge for every little extra perhaps they will purchase a set of weighing scales for port of newcastle so they can charge you excess baggage as the ship needs more fuel as YOUR bags are heavier than calculated :)

Archived