Perks for a Jr. Suite??? AND ...

Are there any special perks for staying in a Jr. suite on Royal Caribbean? I was looking at Room 1628, and the balcony looks a little round when checking the deck plans. I see some people talking about the "hump" of the ship, what is that?:rolleyes:

Are there any special perks for staying in a Jr. suite on Royal Caribbean? I was looking at Room 1628, and the balcony looks a little round when checking the deck plans. I see some people talking about the "hump" of the ship, what is that?:rolleyes:

I booked a JS on Allure for next year and honestly, there really isn't many perks at all. We don't get the same perks as other suite guests. I know priority embarkation is one of them, but there are just a couple of other minor perks, that I don't think will even apply much to us.

I am not a ship expert (not yet anyway, but I'm getting there :D), but I believe a hump balcony is one that extends out a little and is just a bit bigger than the standard balcony. Maybe a balcony expert can chime in on that.....

Since you didn't mention what ship Cabin 1628 is located on, can't help you with that question. The hump is mid ship where it bulges slightly out from the side. These cabins will allow you to see both forward and aft.

Junior Suite Enhancements

• Tea and coffee service ensuite
  • Terry bathrobes (for use onboard)
  • Bathroom amenities
  • Silver SeaPass® card for recognition
  • Priority Embarkation

You'll have a little extra room, a bathtub and some shampoos and lotions. Not much more as far as perks in a JS. As for the hump ... some ships have bigger balconies on the hump but we've not really noticed a difference in size. We love the hump because it's so close to everything. I love being able to pop into my room and change or grab things and not have to think about how far it is.

Since you didn't mention what ship Cabin 1628 is located on, can't help you with that question. The hump is mid ship where it bulges slightly out from the side. These cabins will allow you to see both forward and aft.

Junior Suite Enhancements

• Tea and coffee service ensuite
  • Terry bathrobes (for use onboard)
  • Bathroom amenities
  • Silver SeaPass® card for recognition
  • Priority Embarkation

Just had a Junior suite on voyager, and photos on this site under the title of Voyager of Sea Cabin 9614 Junior Suite, which show what the hump cabin is about. Benefits are you get extra space. Didn't receive any silver seapass or priority embarkation that I know of. We had to line up (there actually was no line at the time) with the rest of the people who were on the 9th floor.

Junior Suites also have a large walk-in closet (at least on the ships we've been on). The extra Suite perks are not there, as has already been mentioned, but if you like extra space and will be spending any amount of time in your cabin, and can afford the price of the JS, then it's a nice way to go.

Just had a Junior suite on voyager, and photos on this site under the title of Voyager of Sea Cabin 9614 Junior Suite, which show what the hump cabin is about. Benefits are you get extra space. Didn't receive any silver seapass or priority embarkation that I know of. We had to line up (there actually was no line at the time) with the rest of the people who were on the 9th floor.

When you printed your SetSail Pass at the top in the circle it said "Suite". This enabled you to board with Suite Guests.

Your SeaPass Card was silver in color (OK maybe a light gray :p) opposed to Gold which GS Guests and above plus PC Members receive. All other cabins get a white SeaPass Card.

When you printed your SetSail Pass at the top in the circle it said "Suite". This enabled you to board with Suite Guests.

Your SeaPass Card was silver in color (OK maybe a light gray :p) opposed to Gold which GS Guests and above plus PC Members receive. All other cabins get a white SeaPass Card.

I noticed something odd. I've had white cards when not in a suite. But I've also had a blue card when not in a suite. This year on Monarch it was white. On Radiance it was Blue. But it has always been gray/silver in a JS (since they started the card designation) - sort of that sunburst striped design. The blue one was also the same striped design. The white one was just plain white.

Gina

I noticed something odd. I've had white cards when not in a suite. But I've also had a blue card when not in a suite. This year on Monarch it was white. On Radiance it was Blue. But it has always been gray/silver in a JS (since they started the card designation) - sort of that sunburst striped design. The blue one was also the same striped design. The white one was just plain white.

Gina

I do hope those blue cards didn't have windmills on them!:eek: I just looked at our collection and that is what we got when we did our first cruise on Monarch back in 1997.

I do hope those blue cards didn't have windmills on them!:eek: I just looked at our collection and that is what we got when we did our first cruise on Monarch back in 1997.

No windmills. They are the same as the silver card design, only in blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (now used more often because of the bad ad placement on the full CC website)

For us, the biggest benefit of a Jr. Suite, at least on the Radiance, was the bathtub/shower combo instead of the tiny shower stalls with the awful clinging shower curtains that attack you. There is definitely more space than a standard balcony cabin and the storage/walk-in closet is great. In addition, there was an extra window and an easy chair (though it was the hardest chair I've ever sat on!). These benefits are more important on a longer cruise than a short one.

Also be aware that a Jr. Suite isn't necessarily in the best location on the ship. One of our rooms on our last B2B was directly under the kitchen work area for one of the Windjammer restaurants and had terrible noise issues. So check your floor plans carefully before choosing any cabin.

I think the best perk is double cruise credits!

Extra space is wonderful too. Some Jr. Suites have coffee pots and tea kettles, and some do not. Our Jr. Suite on board Mariner didn't have the coffee pots and tea kettles. The steward said they were broken, and told us to order room service.

In my opinion, the walk-in closet in our Voyager Class JR Ste are nicer than the walk-in closet in the Vente Suite on the Sapphire Princess.

If you are really looking for perks, go with a Grand suite or better. To many to list, but they are on Royals web site. With a Junior, you get priority check in. When you go thru the terminal, your last stop will be to go thru the check in line to get your room keys. There will be a lady directing you to the proper line, just tell her you are a suite guest, and she will take you to the head of the line. Also, with a JR. you get a bigger room and balcony then with just a balcony room. Plus double cruise points with a suite.

Hmmm hadn't realised that. Probably just as well, because the suite line was longer than deck 9 , so we got to just walk on. Will be a touch disappointing getting my next card then if its just going to be plain white. Also hadn't realised til it was too late that they stamp your card when you do the activities. That would have inspired me to not be a couch potato ... possibly

Archived