Vancouver flight times

DougandEric

We're booked on an 11:35AM flight from Vancouver to Tampa after our Princess cruise. When I booked the flights, the minimum flight departure time from Vancouver was 11:30AM - now the documentation says 12:30PM. Is 11:30AM too tight a connection? I have a private car hired from the pier to the airport to speed up the drive and we could carry off our luggage if it would speed up departure. The next flight on United isn't until 7PM and all are 2 stops going through NYC arrive Sunday morning - not my first choice. Any reports of how soon people are getting off the Sapphire Princess in Vancouver?

Thanks,

Doug

We're booked on an 11:35AM flight from Vancouver to Tampa after our Princess cruise. When I booked the flights, the minimum flight departure time from Vancouver was 11:30AM - now the documentation says 12:30PM. Is 11:30AM too tight a connection? I have a private car hired from the pier to the airport to speed up the drive and we could carry off our luggage if it would speed up departure. The next flight on United isn't until 7PM and all are 2 stops going through NYC arrive Sunday morning - not my first choice. Any reports of how soon people are getting off the Sapphire Princess in Vancouver?

Thanks,

Doug

Don't Panic, you'll be fine. Chose self-disembarkation, and drag your luggage off the ship by yourself; and you'll be off the ship, and through customs before 9; and at the airport by 9:40 at the very latest.

You've got a pre-booked Limo, so it shouldn't be a problem, but with a lot of ships in town, Taxi availability is sometimes an issue (5-20 min wait). Skip the taxi line, walk 3 blocks to your left as you exit Canada Place, and take the Canada Line Skytrain to the airport for $3.75. Just as fast as driving.

11:30 AM should be fine.

I would call Princess to ask why the change from 11:30 to 12:30 just to make doubly sure there has not been some change to the arrival time. Doubtful there is a change but just call to be sure.

Keith

With self-disembarkation you will be thru Canadian customs and in your limo by 0830 latest (likely closer to 0800) from there you are 35 mins from the airport, traffic is ordinarily not an issue as you are going against the morning commute....which is light during the summer months. So you will be at YVR shortly after 0900 which is plenty of time for a 1135 flight.

Thanks for the information. I'd really hate to take the later flight and not arrive until Sunday. I hired the car on the suggestion of others that taxis can be backed up. There only appears to be the Zuiderdam in port with us that day so it's not that horribly busy.

BTW, I checked booking the flights through Princess again and it shows there to not book a flight before 10:15am! Oh well!

Doug

If you self-disembark you will not have a problem with getting a cab....if there is much of a line you can go to the front of the Pan Pacific or across the street to the Fairmont Waterfront and take a cab from there. There will also be lots of limo and the walk up rate for them is $52 plus 12% tax and a tip.

Thanks,

Doug

What is the name of the car company and what is the cost? I have a 12:00PM flight and physically can't do self luggage carry off.

What is the name of the car company and what is the cost? I have a 12:00PM flight and physically can't do self luggage carry off.

The 'official' car service for Vancouver International is AeroCar. I found it at the airport site (http://www.yvr.ca/en/getting-to-from-yvr/hired-sedans-limousines.aspx). The fare is $58.24 before tip - cheaper than LAX to Long Beach! Should be fine but we'll find out when we get there!

Doug

Archived