Apology Ltr to Milestone cruisers

satex

I would like to know if that is the case for anyone out there who plans on jumping ship. My impression was this was just the last straw...am I wrong??

Is anyone leaving solely because of the new program?

I can't see myself jumping ship because of the new program or any of the cut-backs thus far, but I am annoyed at the presentation. Whatever the substitution, it has invariably been presented as an enhancement to the customer's experience based on passenger feedback/participation/etc., which I don't buy.

I'm new to cruising, so call me crazy, but uh..people are making this seem like Carnival is our government and we are the people and these changes will be life altering.

Carnival is a business. So if they suddenly decide to not give us more perks, does that mean they are "oppressing" us?

I mean companies promise things all the time and don't follow through. That's how life is. Don't you think it would be much worse if they grandfathered every one in and then realized they can't live up to those expectations and suddenly drop the whole loyalty program?

This is not realistic. Companies are expected to fulfill their promises. Seems odd that some think it is fine to mislead, to tell people to book some cruises so they can get a benefit, and then, poof, gee, why so mad ovah white card going way?

It was in response to this quote from jaxsonboy

"To properly apologize you must take personal responsibility for the wrong doing, and show remorse. This letter does neither."

Mr. Pirate, look at the title of the thread, the "apology letter to milestone cruisers". How does the grocery store bit fit?

Never said I would or not cruise Carnival again. Just because they are acting a little shifty lately, I think they are still a safe cruise line. A person can have fun on most cruise lines, don't you think? Carnival has built some innovative ships for several years, they are nice, but not unique, and not always the least expensive. Price is only one of many categories when a cruise vacation is selected.

My perception is that milestone cruisers under 200 days are upset about not being Diamond. To get your rewards cut back is the slap in the face. Yet Berra continually says what the milestone cruisers are upset about is the white card. Gosh, sometimes I think people get executive positions because they can spin something so well that people actually believe in this new reality. What the milestone cruiser wants is a diamond card with the periodic Milestone benefits as they accrue.

Or, would you be happy with a white card, no matter the rewards?

QUOTE]

I want a white card on my 25th cruise and my 50th and 75th and 100th (will probably never make the last two) not at any other time. They are milestones and are the only times that the white card should be used. Should Carnival have made all milestoners Diamond, probably, but I can live with being Platinum until I get the 200 days

Exactly. And hope you get the OBC for the milestone cruises. There aren't very many milestone cruisers, most people never make 25 cruises on one line. But some do. Treat them nice.

And if this is the last straw and you have had it, then what? Cruise Carnival again?

:confused::confused::confused:

Comprehension my dear.. I specifically asked about people who are jumping ship.

I can't see myself jumping ship because of the new program or any of the cut-backs thus far, but I am annoyed at the presentation. Whatever the substitution, it has invariably been presented as an enhancement to the customer's experience based on passenger feedback/participation/etc., which I don't buy.

Thank you for answering (and understanding) my question.

I don't think anyone is going to ditch CCL solely on this new program...that is my point.

Or my personal favorite ..... the complimentary Slot Tournament entry is being replaced by BYGO because they want more participation. :rolleyes:

I'm not happy that it's BYGO now, and it may make me choose not to participate. It won't make my cruise less fun. It won't. A slot tournament lasts such a short time and I never win. However, paying for one and getting two is still a bargain when you figure what I lose on the slots, so I may do it.

I've been sailing since 1986. I can make a huge list of things that have changed--some for the better, some that I wish would come back. (I still miss those rum swizzles on the first night). But the reason that I am platinum and sailing on my milestone cruise in two weeks is because I love to cruise. Carnival has always been the best value and it still is. I've sailed other cruise lines and I still come back to Carnival. I like the product--the perks do not make the cruise--they just add to the cruise value.

I find it ironic that many are so unhappy with the loyalty perks. What made you loyal to Carnival in the first place? Why is "milestone" confusion considered "the last straw" for you?

You should really try the other cruise lines. If you visit their cc forum, you'll see that loyalty perks are changing throughout the industry. But cruise NCL, RCI, or Celebrity. You might like their product better.

This is not realistic. Companies are expected to fulfill their promises. Seems odd that some think it is fine to mislead, to tell people to book some cruises so they can get a benefit, and then, poof, gee, why so mad ovah white card going way?

The "white card" shows the staff that you are in fact a "loyal" cruiser with Carnival and have cruised at least 25 times with the company. My friend asked for some cheddar cheese on his sandwich from the deli and the guy making the sandwich told him they don't have any. At the same time the hostess from our dining room was walking by and told the guy making the sandwich, that she would go and get him some cheddar cheese. She later told us that is the least she can do for a "Milestone Cruiser". The "white card" did give you status.

The "white card" shows the staff that you are in fact a "loyal" cruiser with Carnival and have cruised at least 25 times with the company. My friend asked for some cheddar cheese on his sandwich from the deli and the guy making the sandwich told him they don't have any. At the same time the hostess from our dining room was walking by and told the guy making the sandwich, that she would go and get him some cheddar cheese. She later told us that is the least she can do for a "Milestone Cruiser". The "white card" did give you status.

Again, this is an example where how the people who do the actual work of making our vacations memorable differ from the people who collect the data and prepare the bottom line for the shareholder's reports view the Milestone Rewards cards. It's a shame the bean counters seem to be so out of touch and couldn't learn a lesson from the men and women who work so hard on the ships.

I am already looking forward to my next two cruises on the Elation, but apparently it will be several more cruises before I will see the white card again.

A deli with no cheddar? Sad. Oh yes they absolutely should make sure milestoners get their proper cheese especially when it isn't listed. With that status cheese should never be an issue. Really? Status or sense of cheese entitlement? My card is in my pocket when getting food. This white card must have snuck its way out to be just barely visible. (Picturing in head neon arrows point at card held by cheddar craving frequent discount cruiser) :)

I'm not happy that it's BYGO now, and it may make me choose not to participate. It won't make my cruise less fun. It won't. A slot tournament lasts such a short time and I never win. However, paying for one and getting two is still a bargain when you figure what I lose on the slots, so I may do it.

I've been sailing since 1986. I can make a huge list of things that have changed--some for the better, some that I wish would come back. (I still miss those rum swizzles on the first night). But the reason that I am platinum and sailing on my milestone cruise in two weeks is because I love to cruise. Carnival has always been the best value and it still is. I've sailed other cruise lines and I still come back to Carnival. I like the product--the perks do not make the cruise--they just add to the cruise value.

I find it ironic that many are so unhappy with the loyalty perks. What made you loyal to Carnival in the first place? Why is "milestone" confusion considered "the last straw" for you?

You should really try the other cruise lines. If you visit their cc forum, you'll see that loyalty perks are changing throughout the industry. But cruise NCL, RCI, or Celebrity. You might like their product better.

The concensus seems to be (at least from the reasonable posts on here that I have read) is that it is not the perks or the color of a card....it is the principle that they were misled about the "brilliant" loyalty program for years and misled about what Milestone was for years.....

and since this came on the heels of Carnival trying to convince us that they cut the Fun Farewell Party due to "lack of interest"....

well, people are just tired of Carnival playing them for a fool.

A deli with no cheddar? Sad. Oh yes they absolutely should make sure milestoners get their proper cheese especially when it isn't listed. With that status cheese should never be an issue. Really? Status or sense of cheese entitlement? My card is in my pocket when getting food. This white card must have snuck its way out to be just barely visible. (Picturing in head neon arrows point at card held by cheddar craving frequent discount cruiser) :)

Brilliant! I keep reading this thread purely for the entertainment value. The complaints of what is being cut is too funny for words.

I have prefered status with United Airlines. Before the merger with Continental, I used to be able to board with First Class passengers, because of the status. After the merger, it was no longer allowed. I never felt the need to write the CEO or complain on a message board. i just rolled with it and wait for my row to be called.

Or maybe just a career change? I would enjoy working for Carnival, would be on a ship a lot more often then I am now.

If you worked on Carnival, I would definately be removing your tips.;) I hope you don't book and pay for a balcony and get to the ship and end up in a inside, because changes happened before you got to the ship , yes you get the inside for the price you paid for the balcony.

Archived