MSY earliest departure time

sunsetme

when coming off Conquest in NOLA with self debark whats the earliest flight one can make?

Obviously that would depend on your airline and where you are going. I am pretty sure that departures from MSY don't start until 6:00 or 6:30 in the morning.

On a Sunday, it would be about a 20 to 30 minute trip to the airport, assuming no traffic problems, like accidents or construction. Cab drivers keep track of those, and know alternate routes.

Self debark goes fairly quickly. The chokepoint can be customs, which always seems to be understaffed. so allow an hour or so for that, although you may get lucky.

Fog delays in winter don't seem to be anywhere near as common in New Orleans as they are in Galveston. The river pilots can navigate in just about anything.

when coming off Conquest in NOLA with self debark whats the earliest flight one can make?

I would say no earlier than 11. Give yourself a little time to not have to be frantic. Most people say they are out by 9:30 with 30 minute cab ride that gives you 30 minutes to check in and get through security and meet the 30 minutes pre departure timeline requirement.

if you let the ship's crew know you have an early fight, you can get early debarkation. You'll have to carry all your own stuff. We did that in Fort Lauderdale last year to get to the airport 2 hours before our scheduled flight(on standby status, had to check in two hours before)

When we sailed from NOLA, we drove down, so we did the "bags were picked up the night before", debarked took longer, waited what seemed like FORever to pick up our bags. Got a porter, who took us straight through customs in about 3 minutes flat, but the wait to GET our bags was long.

Cab back to the hotel downtown took 10 minutes, but it was noon before we got on the road.

You could probably do 10 or 11 am, but you'll have to do self-debarkation. I'd schedule after noon, just to be safe.

Ok, not poking fun here, but I've seen this too much all over the boards: the correct term for getting off the ship is disembarkation, or disembark.

Debarking is something you do to a tree. Or maybe to the neighbor's dog who barks all night.....

We've cruised NOLA on NCL twice, and the earliest flight I feel comfortable with is around 11am. But I don't like to rush off the ship and rush to the airport. I'd rather take my time, and not worry about missing the flight due to Port clearance problems, traffic, airport security, or any of the many other things that could put a hitch in your plans.

Ok, not poking fun here, but I've seen this too much all over the boards: the correct term for getting off the ship is disembarkation, or disembark.

Debarking is something you do to a tree. Or maybe to the neighbor's dog who barks all night.....

LOL I got it now!

We sailed the Elation last month - JMHO but would probably say no earlier than noon.

When we DISEMBARKED (LOL!), we did self assist, used Advance Check In to take our luggage to MSY, did more sightseeing and had lunch in NOLA, and then made our way to the airport for our 4:50pm flight. Avoided any congestion from other pax heading home and had a nice time in the city.

Archived