Unlimited laundry

arewethereyet

We just purchased the Suites Amenity Package...mainly for the unlimited laundry...which I'm just learning, can be purchased as it's own item. Is this something that's done on board - or do you buy it prior to departure.

I want to make sure we get this and can save some of the money from the Suites Amenity Package.

We just purchased the Suites Amenity Package...mainly for the unlimited laundry...which I'm just learning, can be purchased as it's own item. Is this something that's done on board - or do you buy it prior to departure.

I want to make sure we get this and can save some of the money from the Suites Amenity Package.

While you can purchase it ahead, there's no need to. Simply the the "unlimited laundry" box on the laundry sheet the first time (and subsequent times) you send it out. Which should be frequently. Nothing like having a wide range of clean clothes EVERY day of your cruise!

I've heard reports (on another thread I started) that it's now $9 per day or $63 for 7 night cruises.

There has been one report of this. Nothing to verify that.

If there has been an increase, it is still the best bargain at sea.

On my recent Panama cruise I used the 'all you can fit into the bag' deal. It was $19. or $20.00 and a great bargain. However, on my next cruise, I think I'm going to go for unlimited. I really hate the thought of doing laundry by hand.

75 day cruise coming up, at $9 a day, I calculate that would be $675 to do laundry!?? :eek:

Unless they discount it for the longer cruises, I guess we'll stick to doing laundry by the bag ... even two bags a week would cost less.

If you only send out 1 bag every 3-4 days, then "by the bag" is less (slightly). But we often send two a day, and average 9 or 10 a week (that allows wearing 3 sets of clothes per day - one for breakfast & ashore, one after returning, and a 3rd for dinner). And my wife doesn't face a pile of laundry when we get home!

We usually take longer cruises and have the unlimited laundry package.

I always wear a jacket to dinner, usually with an open, button down collar shirt. We also like to dress nicely on formal nights. So as soon as we get on a ship, I send all six of my dress jackets, three tux jackets, at least seven pairs of dress slacks and a bunch of shirts out to be pressed. They come back really spiffy.

The only two things that IMO could be improved about the laundry service deal with the rather strong soaps used that tend to wash out the colors of some items and the extremely poor folding of the shirt collars before pressing.

For many, probably most, of my shirts, the collars are not folded down all of the way at the back of the neck before pressing. So if a tie is worn, it shows through below the collar at the back of the neck. And once a shirt has been pressed this way several times, it is extremely difficult to correct.

The service is unbelievably quick, rarely taking more than a day or two. And it sure beats any other alternatives.

Scott & Karen

Archived