Dream balconies can 3 open???

I have searched and not found anyone that has actually had 3 balconies opened on the Dream. I am asking to see if it has been done. We have 6 in our party and really like being able to open the 3 balconies. In searching it seems as it is only possible to open 2. We are looking for the Lido deck but any deck location would do. Thanks!!

We were on the Lido deck on the 6/9/12 cruise and had two balcony cabins next too each other with the balcony divider open. From what I could tell the two dividers on both sides of our "extended balcony" had the exact same simple square key type of locking mechanism that I saw no reason why they could not have been opened as well. It looked like all of the balcony dividers on the Lido deck had the same locking mechanism so, in theory, I would think all balconies could open up at once along the entire side. Hope that helps.

Take a look here to see what rooms' balconies open to each other.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/DR_empressDeck.htm

Just change the name to the deck you are staying on. On the Empress Deck, it looks like only Suites' balconies can connect to more than one balcony. But there are a few balcony cabins that connect to the balcony on one side and connect through the cabin on the other (all 3 are balcony cabins)

I did look at that and it says only one balcony connects to one of them but in looking at different 3 cabin sections it seems that throughout the ship itself that no 3 cabins open which didn't make sense to me. I can't imagine they built a ship that physically can't open 3 or even 4 cabins balconies that are adjoining.

I am going to check other ships that we have done it on and see what that form says for those. Thanks for posting this it is really informative. :)

From what I understand, if you balconies connect by your windows, the divider can be opened. But the next one, the divider will open and block the cabin door out to the balcony. . EM

We all have windows and balconies so that must be good

What Essiesmom meant was that each cabin is laid out opposite of the one on either side of it. If your window is next to the window on the next cabin, the divider will be inbetween the two windows. When opened, it will not block a door. If the divider is by your door, opening the divider will block one of the doors.

Example: Window-DoorDividerDoor-WindowDividerWindow-DoorDividerDoor-WindowDividerWindow-Door. Only the ones in red can be opened without blocking one of the doors.

I hope that didn't confuse you too much.

I see what you mean now, we are looking at cabins 10232, 10236 and 10240, on Lido so they can probably physically be opened its just that someone will have their door blocked while it is open. I wonder if we can unlock it and block the door when we want and close it when we are not out on the balcony. I still don't see why that would be the case throughout the ship with there always being the third balcony that can't open without it blocking a door.

I see what you mean now, we are looking at cabins 10232, 10236 and 10240, on Lido so they can probably physically be opened its just that someone will have their door blocked while it is open. I wonder if we can unlock it and block the door when we want and close it when we are not out on the balcony. I still don't see why that would be the case throughout the ship with there always being the third balcony that can't open without it blocking a door.

Because that's the way the ship is laid out. For plumbing reasons, the cabins are laid out back to back so that they share the plumbing pipes.

They all can be opened. It's just that it would block the door to one. And once they open them, they latch them to the ship's wall so that they don't bang open and closed. This would mean that the people in the cabin that the door is blocked would have to go through one of the other cabins to get out on the balcony.

Take a look here to see what rooms' balconies open to each other.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/DR_empressDeck.htm

Just change the name to the deck you are staying on. On the Empress Deck, it looks like only Suites' balconies can connect to more than one balcony. But there are a few balcony cabins that connect to the balcony on one side and connect through the cabin on the other (all 3 are balcony cabins)

Can this same link be used to look at other ships? Specifically the Glory's veranda deck? We have 3 balconies and I would love to know which ones can be opened.

We were on the Glory a couple years ago and had 4 opened with no problem, although i would suggest getting on Port side because it was very very hot on in the rooms on starboard just an FYI. Really did not like the ship because of the heat. I do think you need someone to give the page to you because I could not figure out how to get other ships info on this page.

Winderdawg

Do you have this link for the New Carnival Breeze - we have our first aft balcony and trying to find out all information I can.

Thank you for all your help!

Here is the breeze one

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/breeze/breeze.html

I think all of them start with the same goccl.../the_fleet/[ship name]/[ship name].html

edited to add: I think all of the older ships use .htm in the address. The newer ones seem to be the only ones that end in .html. Try the other one if it doesn't work

We were on the Glory a couple years ago and had 4 opened with no problem, although i would suggest getting on Port side because it was very very hot on in the rooms on starboard just an FYI. Really did not like the ship because of the heat. I do think you need someone to give the page to you because I could not figure out how to get other ships info on this page.

Thank-you for the advice. However, we are cruising to Canada! :p:D We expect the nights to be chilly and can only hope for hot, hot during the day. I do love the way we all try to look out for one another.:)

Here is the breeze one

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/breeze/breeze.html

I think all of them start with the same goccl.../the_fleet/[ship name]/[ship name].html

edited to add: I think all of the older ships use .htm in the address. The newer ones seem to be the only ones that end in .html. Try the other one if it doesn't work

You started something... could you give me the link for the Magic Veranda deck... Thank you so much

i tried changing the ship name and it didn't work

You started something... could you give me the link for the Magic Veranda deck... Thank you so much

i tried changing the ship name and it didn't work

Yeah, for some reason they must've changed it for the magic. A quick search only got me the link for individual decks, so here it is https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/MC_VerandahDeck.htm

Archived