15 Night Transatlantic- N.O. to Rome - Navigator

Taking my first TransAtlantic in April.

Any words of wisdom from anyone who has already taken this trip?

Leaving New Orleans on April 6th, Azores, Provence, Florence, and then Rome. Staying an extra 9 nights post cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Leaving New Orleans on April 6th, Azores, Provence, Florence, and then Rome. Staying an extra 9 nights post cruise.

MDFAN.....come join the roll call for the TA cruise. We are a great bunch and we would love for you to be a part.

Alison

We are also looking at this cruise. If we do book it we will book it while we are on Oasis in October to get the OBC.

I have an old Next cruise purchased in early 2008 when you could combine everything, Balcony discount, Saving certificates, Stockholder benefits, along with the next cruise. I have held onto it for our first Transatlantic cruise to get the most $$$ from it. We are considering doing a B2B on Navigator (15N) April 6,2013, N.O. to Rome and April 21,2013, (7N) roundtrip from Rome. Does anyone know what the perks are for a 15 night cruise ? I have an idea but would like some verification before I book because sometimes the rccl cruise consultants are not well informed on these so you have to go to a supervisor. We will book a balcony, have a savings certificate and are stockholders. Thanks for any information !:):p

I have an old Next cruise purchased in early 2008 when you could combine everything, Balcony discount, Saving certificates, Stockholder benefits, along with the next cruise. I have held onto it for our first Transatlantic cruise to get the most $$$ from it. We are considering doing a B2B on Navigator (15N) April 6,2013, N.O. to Rome and April 21,2013, (7N) roundtrip from Rome. Does anyone know what the perks are for a 15 night cruise ? I have an idea but would like some verification before I book because sometimes the rccl cruise consultants are not well informed on these so you have to go to a supervisor. We will book a balcony, have a savings certificate and are stockholders. Thanks for any information !:):p

You can apply for a Royal Caribbean credit card and get OBC after your first purchase which would chunk on another $150 OBC. No fee for the card. If you decide to use it for charges from Royal Caribbean, you get double points. You can use the points for OBC or some of their logo items. Since the card is "independent" of Royal Caribbean, you can combine it with balcony discount, savings certificate, etc.

Tucker in Texas

Did you confirm with RCCL that they will allow you to combine the shareholder benefit with the others?

From the Shareholder Benefit website:

Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the Benefit is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off” promotions and savings certificates. For bookings made prior to December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is combinable under certain conditions. Please direct queries to investorrelations@rccl.com and a prompt response will be forthcoming.

The question is whether purchasing a Next cruise voucher is considered a booking.

Tucker in Texas and Cruise Pup , Thank you for the information. We already have the BOA / Rccl credit cards and have used the OBC. We do use them for all our purchases accumulating points, paying in full monthly, and trading our points for OBC. They really add up over time.

Cruise Pup, I will check with investor relations about the stock credit. This next cruise was purchased pryor to the 2008 deadline. It has a booking number and is an open ended booking with no expiration date. I guess it is how you interpret the rules . I was hoping someone had used one recently and could share their experience. I guess there aren't too many of them still out there.......wish I had bought more than two at the time.:rolleyes:

Tucker in Texas and Cruise Pup , Thank you for the information. We already have the BOA / Rccl credit cards and have used the OBC. We do use them for all our purchases accumulating points, paying in full monthly, and trading our points for OBC. They really add up over time.

Cruise Pup, I will check with investor relations about the stock credit. This next cruise was purchased pryor to the 2008 deadline. It has a booking number and is an open ended booking with no expiration date. I guess it is how you interpret the rules . I was hoping someone had used one recently and could share their experience. I guess there aren't too many of them still out there.......wish I had bought more than two at the time.:rolleyes:

It seems to me that I read several postings of people that had NCL's prior to 2008 deadline got to combine all the credits.

You may have to work up the food chain and speak with "resolutions" to get them because I doubt any employee who would answer a general telephone inquiry was even around in 2008 (lol), much less know anything about it.

Tucker in Texas

Tucker in Texas

• 2 weeks later...

Since I posted the questions, I thought I would share the answers.

Next cruise purchased before 12/31/2008 benefits for this 15 night cruise.

$325.00.....Balcony discount

$225.00.....Savings certificate

$250.00.....Stockholder benefit (OBC)

$200.00.....Next Cruise (OBC)

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Archived