Current DASH sale, advice?

purrfect007

I'm tempted to book the Gem in June of 2013 because with the dash sale, the OBC is $450 and my deposit that is required is very affordable.

I wonder if anyone has seen sales that offer better prices, OBC, etc? Is $450 about as good as it gets? We have to spring for the 2 BR family suite, so it is a costly adventure. Any help matters. :D

So, other sales to wait for, or go for this one?

I'm tempted to book the Gem in June of 2013 because with the dash sale, the OBC is $450 and my deposit that is required is very affordable.

How are you coming up with a $450 OBC from the current dash sale? I thought the highest amount of OBC being offered is $250.

How are you coming up with a $450 OBC from the current dash sale? I thought the highest amount of OBC being offered is $250.

It is probably additional credits being offered by a travel agent.

I wonder if anyone has seen sales that offer better prices, OBC, etc? Is $450 about as good as it gets? We have to spring for the 2 BR family suite, so it is a costly adventure. Any help matters. :D

So, other sales to wait for, or go for this one?

It really depends on how big an issue the reduced deposit is to you. If it isn't that big, I'd buy the Future Cruise Certificate while on board this coming cruise and then use that and my AmEx card to book the suite. The AmEx will get you $500 on board credit and your travel agent should also offer you some extra OBC from them as well.

As for sales, prices drop and raise according to capacity, there usually aren't price sales (beyond paying for 1 type of room but getting a better one and those won't apply to suites). Most sales would be perks and/or on board credit and not much will give you more than the $500 from AmEx.

It is probably additional credits being offered by a travel agent.

Ruh roh NCL, this might be an NCL mistake because I just looked at the NCL website and if you go in and price that category online (I used 6/8/13 for example) it does show $450 OBC for the suites I checked.

The 2BR Family Suite the OP posted shows:

YOUR BOOKING INCLUDES AN ONBOARD CREDIT $450.00

(With a $500 deposit down).

The mini suites showed $70 OBC correctly, and so on.

Looks like it's only a suite error - or I'm not thinking of another deal that would be included in that $450 amount.

So if OP books and it's their error will they still honor it?

or I'm not thinking of another deal that would be included in that $450 amount.

Ruh roh SeaHunt, my bad :p I just realized maybe they are giving the $300 for booking a suite a year in advance along with the Dash $150 to make the $450 amount.

D'oh! Time to go to bed and rest this tired old brain LOL.

i booked my cruise 2 days before the dash sale began in an inside cabin. just wondering does anyone know how much OBC is being offered for inside cabins? $25

and did you have to use a certain credit card to get the OBC?? thanks

That only pertains to full suites.

Ruh roh NCL, this might be an NCL mistake because I just looked at the NCL website and if you go in and price that category online (I used 6/8/13 for example) it does show $450 OBC for the suites I checked.

Actually it could easily NOT be a mistake by NCL. I booked my cruise 2 DASH sails ago. Regular PH Suite on the SUN. No Haven or anything fancy on her so....

I was given $450 OBC by NCL for the cruise being booked during that sale. That and the reduced deposit was why I booked it at that time ($800 deposit for 4 people). Note this IS in addition to the OBC from my TA (which I have in writing yeah since that is another $600!).

The OBC showed up in my NCL reservation immediately from them. So keep in mind though, that $450 OBC can only be used for purchases on the ship. No using it for gratuities or such. We actually ended up planning to do more things threw the ship because well, we have never had a S&S account go over much more than tips to start with as we are non-drinkers :p

I just booked the Gem for June 2013 in a Penthouse Suite. I did in fact get $450 OBC plus a reduced deposit of $250 total for 2 people. The rep told me if I wanted to pay the full deposit ($500) with my AMEX I would get $500 OBC. My documents came through and it indeed shows the OBC of $450. It is $300 for booking a suite 9 months out and an additional $150 for the promotion. I thought it was an awesome deal considering the price of the Penthouse was so low. It might not be everyone's favorite itinerary, but it works well for us. We get to spend time in NYC before and after and get to do Aquaventure and Universal all in one trip.

I just booked the Gem for June 2013 in a Penthouse Suite. I did in fact get $450 OBC plus a reduced deposit of $250 total for 2 people. The rep told me if I wanted to pay the full deposit ($500) with my AMEX I would get $500 OBC. My documents came through and it indeed shows the OBC of $450. It is $300 for booking a suite 9 months out and an additional $150 for the promotion. I thought it was an awesome deal considering the price of the Penthouse was so low. It might not be everyone's favorite itinerary, but it works well for us. We get to spend time in NYC before and after and get to do Aquaventure and Universal all in one trip.

Very nice - that'll take care of specialty restaurants, wines & photography, and gift-shopping onboard, perhaps duty-free too.

Isn't there supposed to be addtional OBC for Latitude members by booking - it might not be offered on your particular sailing, or not combinable ??

Does anyone have the Latitude OBC info - no specifics given on their website or at least, it's buried deep somewhere in fine prints ... obviously, not expect anything big for the "basic" categories ??

Can anyone explain why when I try to book on the NCL site for a suite on a Europe cruise next summer, the required deposit is $450 pp?? What happened to the reduced deposit for the sale?

Thanks!

Can anyone explain why when I try to book on the NCL site for a suite on a Europe cruise next summer, the required deposit is $450 pp?? What happened to the reduced deposit for the sale?

Thanks!

If you read the fine print in the terms and conditions you'll see this...

Reduced Deposit does not apply to The Haven and Suites categories S1,S4, S5, S2, S3, S9, S7 and S6

Here's the fine print...

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPagesPopup.html?pageId=DashTerm

Actually it could easily NOT be a mistake by NCL. I booked my cruise 2 DASH sails ago. Regular PH Suite on the SUN. No Haven or anything fancy on her so....

I was given $450 OBC by NCL for the cruise being booked during that sale. That and the reduced deposit was why I booked it at that time ($800 deposit for 4 people). Note this IS in addition to the OBC from my TA (which I have in writing yeah since that is another $600!).

The OBC showed up in my NCL reservation immediately from them. So keep in mind though, that $450 OBC can only be used for purchases on the ship. No using it for gratuities or such. We actually ended up planning to do more things threw the ship because well, we have never had a S&S account go over much more than tips to start with as we are non-drinkers :p

Wow, are you allowed to say what TA offered a $600 OBC? That's alot, from what I can see.

Am I clear on that the booking with AMEX gives you an additional OBC of $500, or bumps the $450 up by $50?

Booking with AMEX applies even if you use the TA, you don't have to book direct from NCL?

I left AMEX after 25 years last year because they dropped my frequent flyer mileage connection... boo hoo! :(

Archived