Epic Tendering?

2inTul

I understand that the Epic is tendering at some of its ports-of-call in Europe this summer.

Has there been any feedback from returning cruisers as to how well this process is working?

The Epic is such a large ship and I can't imagine tendering that many passengers without some interesting stories. :D

We found Tendering on the Epic was a breeze

Just make sure that you book your tender ticket on the TV if you need to be off before 11am

If your booked onto an NCL tour, your place on the tenders will be first and you dont need to book a tender ticket.

They use the massive lifeboats which can hold upto 297 people at a time, and it all seems to go very smoothly

Just make sure that you book your tender ticket on the TV if you need to be off before 11am

If your booked onto an NCL tour, your place on the tenders will be first and you dont need to book a tender ticket.

They use the massive lifeboats which can hold upto 297 people at a time, and it all seems to go very smoothly

Excellent! That's good to hear. :)

Perhaps in the future they will schedule stops at Great Sturrup Cay?

Wow I didn't know that the Epic tendered at some ports I was always under the impression that it was too big,

It is only one port, Cannes, and that was due to a late change to the itinerary. They are changing it again next year to miss out Cannes.

I thought it was quite fun. We didn't have any plans for Cannes, but got off specifically to get a ride in the lifeboats. My son loved it, and although he doesn't want to get off the ship at all when we go next year, he did say he wanted another ride in the lifeboat and was disappointed to hear that it isn't an option.

One point for people going to the Med this year, you only need reservations until about 11am, so if you don't have any particular plans then you may as well enjoy the Ship in the morning and then head out whenever you fancy after 11.

I thought the tendering was flawless. We enjoyed riding in the lifeboats very much. Returning to the ship was easy with very little wait. We returned at about 3:00. They had several boats going back and forth. There is a pretty good walk from where we docked to downtown. It was not a big deal, but if you have mobility issues, you might want to consider this.

Archived