What is going on,

Shogun

Hi All

Try to explain, we are doing a TA,

then we saw a good rate for the Caribbean so added it to the TA

so going B2B 14 plus 7days

then agent called said very good rate on the Caribbean cruise after ours

do you want to do B2B2B so 14 plus 7 plus 7 days

at some point the Caribbean booking got a new number as Princess were doing it as a 14 day cruise, so what makes no difference. I thought,

However can not do last leg so need to drop the last 7 days

cost saving none as Princess only giving me £100 of cruise cost but charging me £150 in fees UK rules etc.

So have now said to cancel all Caribbean leg of my cruise,

am looking at the cruise before the TA and adding that instead,

however if I lose deposit and get charges might just cancel everything,

and book with another cruise line.

yours Shogun

I don't know if it makes a difference, but you're cancelling the cheapest leg. That first 7-day Caribbean cruise is a holiday cruise, it's over American Thanksgiving, so I would imagine (can't be bothered to check for myself) that the fare is higher for that one than the following one. That may be why you're not getting back as much as you think you should. And why that last leg was so cheap to add.

Seems like your quarrel is not with Princess but with your TA, who allowed your booking to morph from two linked 7-day b2b bookings to one 14-day booking. It's not like Princess just willy-nilly cancels and rebooks people. Or if they do, that's a new one on me.

Anyway, feel free to disregard all the above, because even after reading your explanation, I'm not entirely sure I understand . . .

That was the old plan. For FCCs issued since March of this year it is now:

CRUISE LENGTH STATEROOM TYPE ONBOARD CREDIT (USD/CAD)*

7-10 days

Interior $25 --down from $75 if a 10 day cruise

Oceanview $25 --down from $50 for 7-9 days, down from $100 if a 10 day cruise

11-16 days

Interior $75 -- down from $125 if a 16 day cruise

Oceanview $75-- down from $100 for 11-15 days, $150 for 16 days

Explained exactly right..

Thats why after countless cruises buying & using FCC's, this coming cruise will be the first time I won't be buying any new FCC's (on principal) and really it's hardly worth it anymore anyway

Srpilo

Explained exactly right..

Thats why after countless cruises buying & using FCC's, this coming cruise will be the first time I won't be buying any new FCC's (on principal) and really it's hardly worth it anymore anyway

Srpilo

I totally agree with you and suspect that this will lose Princess a good deal of revenue. There are lots of folks who don't cruise all that much but buy the FCC and then forget all about it.

Sorry to hear about this Shogun... was looking forward to hooking up with you in St Thomas - our ships will be in STT the same day. Wondering if your TA didn't change your booking from 2 - 7 days ie. B2B to a 14 day cause the 14 was cheaper than 2 - 7's ???

Hi Toberman

What dates are you in Ft L

You could always join us on the Royal

yours Shogun

Now you have me totally confused... 'The Royal' ???

As it stands now we won't be in FLL (we're leaving from MIA) - you had originally booked the Grand which was going to be in STT the same day as our NCL curise. We have many friends on the Grand that we were gonna meet up with us in STT (hoping you'd come along).

What's this Royal cruise you mentioned ??

Hi Toberman,

We are in Miami for three days at end of TA, will you be around on any of these dates

As to the Royal

we are doing Maiden out of Southampton, and Maiden TA

yours Shogun

Hi All

We have a cruise booked made of two 7 days cruises which at some point got changed to a 14 day cruise,

Well phoned TA today too cancel second 7 day cruise and was told would cost £50 thats OK I said,

TA went on to explain dropping the second 7 day cruise will save me only £100 while charges for doing so will be £150

so it will cost me £50 not to cruise for a week,

did not argue with them just OK leave booking I will speak to Princess myself.

Has Princess gone mad, charging us now for not cruising

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun,

Hope you, Donna and the pup (who is not a pup anymore) are doing well.

As for your circumstances, I ran into something similar this year in regard to the marketing and selling of the Emerald TA from Fort Lauderdale to Copenhagen. Originally sold as a 27 day TA and Baltic cruise or 16 TA. Then pricing changed so it was better for folks who were on the 27 day cruise to book two separate cruises. At some point after that Princess had both the 27 day combo cruise and the 16 day TA at wait list status but added a 19 day TA from Fort Lauderdale to Warnemunde Germany with plenty of availability. In other words you could only book a specific cabin or cabin category for the 19 day TA. It made no sense that you could book for 19 days but not 16 days. After all was said and done, shortly after final payment the unsold inventory from the 19 day TA was added back to the 16 day TA and the Baltic cruise following, albeit to be sold at a very discounted rate. I think it is as is your case an instance of yield management going astray!

As for your cruises on the Grand, they too can be booked in multiple ways.

Archived