Bar Credit (4 Drink Cpns)

We sail out on Sept 1st...Carnival Triumph...1st sail on her....3rd Cruise w/ Carnival...Anyway, I've been thinking about purchasing some of the Bar Credit Vouchers prior to travel...now, I see the coupon is for $5.75, and I know the fru fru drinks are $1. to $2. more than that...my question is; How does that work if I want a fru fru drink? Can I cash in the coupon and pay the difference or would I be limited to something at the bar that is $5.75 or less? Just trying to decide if they're worth it...Thanks so much for any information!

Happy Sailing,

Christy

We sail out on Sept 1st...Carnival Triumph...1st sail on her....3rd Cruise w/ Carnival...Anyway' date=' I've been thinking about purchasing some of the Bar Credit Vouchers prior to travel...now, I see the coupon is for $5.75, and I know the fru fru drinks are $1. to $2. more than that...my question is; How does that work if I want a fru fru drink? Can I cash in the coupon and pay the difference or would I be limited to something at the bar that is $5.75 or less? Just trying to decide if they're worth it...Thanks so much for any information!

Happy Sailing,

Christy[/quote']

They will charge your S&S card for the difference plus the 15% on the difference only. Usually ends up being around $3 depending on what fru fru drink you choose. Sometimes, depending if you become friendly with a server, they may not even charge you the difference but that doesn't happen to often lately.

I purchased them on my last 3 cruises and love them. I plan on buying more for my November cruise. Its just a way to prepay and save a little bit of money.

Enjoy your cruise

Are they still delivered to your cabin the first night or in the dining room? What happens if you have MTD?

Good question...WHEN are they delivered? Thanks for the info everyone...I think I shall opt to purchase a few of them...and maybe flirt with the bartender....LOL...I'M KIDDING....maybe.

Good question...WHEN are they delivered? Thanks for the info everyone...I think I shall opt to purchase a few of them...and maybe flirt with the bartender....LOL...I'M KIDDING....maybe.

I had to pick mines up in the MDR on the Fantasy, others on different ships have said the same and some have said they were delivered to their cabin. I've read you can go to the MDR before dinner the first night and ask the Maitre D for them ahead of time.

Have a fantastic cruise!

WHat if you use them for the Draft Beer - I think those were 4.95 for a red frog. Do you just eat the difference or do they put the refund on the S&S?

I believe I've heard no refunds on any drink that's less that the amount of the coupon~

I guess I just do not understand going through additional work to obtain and hassle of using of the coupons when you are saving absolutely nothing.:confused:

From another thread:

What you are missing is that the gratuity is included in the drink coupons. It breaks down like this:

Drink without coupon:

$5.75

+ .86 (15% tip)

$6.61 total price per drink

Drink bought with drink coupon:

$5.75

.00 ( tip is included in drink coupon)

$5.75 total price for drink

So you do save a total of 86 cents for a drink that is bought with the drink coupon. If you buy a drink that costs extra...such as a Fosters beer that is $6.75 then you pay the $1.00 difference and the tip of 15% on the $1.00 for a total of $1.15 charged to your S & S card.

I take this at face value.

From another thread:

What you are missing is that the gratuity is included in the drink coupons. It breaks down like this:

Drink without coupon:

$5.75

+ .86 (15% tip)

$6.61 total price per drink

Drink bought with drink coupon:

$5.75

.00 ( tip is included in drink coupon)

$5.75 total price for drink

So you do save a total of 86 cents for a drink that is bought with the drink coupon. If you buy a drink that costs extra...such as a Fosters beer that is $6.75 then you pay the $1.00 difference and the tip of 15% on the $1.00 for a total of $1.15 charged to your S & S card.

I take this at face value.

This is correct info.

Archived