Looking for a thread

Shaded Lady

Over two years ago I was reading this compelling thread about a girl from the west coast who was surprising her boyfriend with a cruise... I just wanted to catch up on her and see if she posted anything further but I can't find it...

Does this ring a bell to anything out there? Her story got even more compelling because after all her planning they almost missed the ship because of flight delays and Carnival ended up shuttling them to the ship in a taxi!

Hints on how I can find the thread? I only lurked, never posted there so I can't find it through my past threads.

Yes- I've tried searching a dozen different ways and nothing...

It was such a great read! We were all spellbound waiting for her next update... and then when we got the news that she almost missed the ship!!! I think we were all almost as worried about her as she must have been!

It made the final review that much better, with us having lived the leadup to the final adventure!

[quote name='Shaded Lady']No I wasn't subscribed... I must ave bookmarked the thread directly...[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Did you ever post to the thread??

If so - you can go to your stats and search for all of your posts. Might be able to find it that way! ;)[/SIZE]

[quote name='happy cruzin'][SIZE=3]Did you ever post to the thread??[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]If so - you can go to your stats and search for all of your posts. Might be able to find it that way! ;)[/SIZE][/quote]

Not going to work as she never posted there.

[quote name='golfadj']Not going to work as she never posted there.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Oops....missed her saying that!:o

Then for it to work - she'd have to remember the screen name of someone who did post...and then search for their posts. That is likely to be a pain....but it might work. :cool: [/SIZE]

Takes alot of probing, but I just received an e-mail from someone who we meet on our Freedom cruise in 2009.

They were featured in a Carnival video about VIFP, that I saw, so I put my e-mail address in the thread and Beth responded yesterday.

If you can be persistent it will work for you.

• 1 year later...
Bringing this up again in case anyone posting recently remembers the story I'm looking for dating back to 2010 I think...

She planned to surprise her BF for his first cruise. She asked for input and for months everyone provided input on how to surprise him. Ultimately she packed his suitcase and told him they were driving friends to the airport for a vacation but it was actually the other way around.

I think he was an EMT because she had to work with his boss to schedule his time off behind his back.

I remember they flew into one of the California ports- Long Beach maybe? And after months of planning, the first leg of their flight was delayed and they almost missed the ship... there was someone on the boards here who really befriended her and she was calling him in tears that whole day giving him updates and he was posting the updates to the site. We were on the edge of our seats til she posted that they'd gotten on board!

I thought I'd posted to the thread at least once, but I can't find it in my profile... I'd really love to find the thread, get her name and see if she ever posted anything else, whether her BF ever proposed as she thought he might soon... all the details!

But I've searched a bunch of different ways and can't find it at all... so come on, it was thousands of entries long by the time it was over, someone out there must remember the story and be able to help me find it!!!

[quote name='Shaded Lady']Bringing this up again in case anyone posting recently remembers the story I'm looking for dating back to 2010 I think...

She planned to surprise her BF for his first cruise. She asked for input and for months everyone provided input on how to surprise him. Ultimately she packed his suitcase and told him they were driving friends to the airport for a vacation but it was actually the other way around.

I think he was an EMT because she had to work with his boss to schedule his time off behind his back.

I remember they flew into one of the California ports- Long Beach maybe? And after months of planning, the first leg of their flight was delayed and they almost missed the ship... there was someone on the boards here who really befriended her and she was calling him in tears that whole day giving him updates and he was posting the updates to the site. We were on the edge of our seats til she posted that they'd gotten on board!

I thought I'd posted to the thread at least once, but I can't find it in my profile... I'd really love to find the thread, get her name and see if she ever posted anything else, whether her BF ever proposed as she thought he might soon... all the details!

But I've searched a bunch of different ways and can't find it at all... so come on, it was thousands of entries long by the time it was over, someone out there must remember the story and be able to help me find it!!![/quote]

This is a long shot, but do you remember any particular phrase that may have been used anywhere in the thread? Maybe an uncommon word? A nickname she used for someone or something? Even a distinctive word that was used by another poster commenting in the thread? The more you can remember and use in the keyword search together, the better your chances. Like I said, it's a long shot, but I have found threads this way before. Good luck!:)