Welcome Bottle of Champagne

Aruba

Just curious: does anyone know what champagne is offered as the "welcome bottle" in concierge staterooms? Is it the house sparkling :eek: or something better? Thanks.

Do they automatically have in chilled in your stateroom upon boarding. or Do they ask you when you want it, in the stateroom or at dinner. I also read that you maybe able to swap it out for a bottle of comparable wine. Has anyone done that. thanks.

It is French champagne but not a brand I recognized or can recall.

It is on ice in your stateroom when you embark.

We usually bring a champagne stopper and keep it in the fridge as we are not big drinkers and don't drink it all at once.

You can swap it for a bottle of red or white wine and you can bring it to dinner without paying a corkage fee.

It is Perrier-Jouët Grand Brut

Perrier-JouetGrandBrut-750mL-2T.jpg?1325975031

We had the lovely Perrier-Jouët Grand Brut in our Owner's suite last year, but the Concierge Stateroom next door to us was supplied with a different champagne.

I would be curious to know whether the PH suites also get Perrier-Jouët Grand Brut.

Can't be positive but I don't think so. It's a decent champagne in a PH but not quite so lofty. Not surprisingly, the grade of champagne goes down with the cabin level.

We used to take the champagne to dinner and share with tablemates, but on our last few cruises we've swapped it out for a red or white.

Mura

It is Perrier-Jouët Grand Brut

Perrier-JouetGrandBrut-750mL-2T.jpg?1325975031

Jim & Stan,

With all due respect to your vast knowledge, this is not what we got at concierge level on Marina this month. I would recognize that brand. Perhaps the suites get this.

I don't think we received this in the PH either...but we traded it for a bottle of wine, so I could be wrong. I think the label on ours was darker...

Like the others, we always carry our botttle of whatever to the dining room to trade for a bottle of house red, so we've never paid any attention to the label. It's in a champagne bucket when we arrive, but we've never had ice in the bucket -- there's ice in the ice bucket we could use to chill the champagne (or sparklling wine, whichever it is) if we so desired. I figured they did that because they never can predict when you first enter the room, and the ice might have already melted!

With all due respect to your vast knowledge, this is not what we got at concierge level on Marina this month. I would recognize that brand. Perhaps the suites get this.

Hells bells, I should have read ALL the posts before I responded just now.

The fact that no one remembers what the champage is in A-category (concierge) cabins tells me that whatever it is, it's not memorable. :rolleyes: We'll be in one of those cabins two weeks from today (but who's counting?) so I will report back for those who are interested.

Hells bells, I should have read ALL the posts before I responded just now

Always a good idea :p

We have always had the Perrier-Jouët Grand Brut, but as has been suggested that might be because we were booked into a Suite.

When we entertain in that Suite, occasionally one of our guests won't want to arrive empty handed and will gift their bottle to us. Those bottles have also been Perrier-Jouët Grand Brut.

From the Introductory cruises of the Marina & Riviera, I recall that there is also a "Bottled Expressly for Oceania Cruises" champagne which seems to be.....you guessed it, Perrier-Jouët Grand Brut. :D

I don't pretend to be a champagne expert, but the fact that they can call it champagne at all in the promotional materials means that it must be French, and since it tastes so much like the PJGB, we assumed that it was.

Whatever it is, it is an enjoyable drink. :)

Hells bells, I should have read ALL the posts before I responded just now.

The fact that no one remembers what the champage is in A-category (concierge) cabins tells me that whatever it is, it's not memorable. :rolleyes: We'll be in one of those cabins two weeks from today (but who's counting?) so I will report back for those who are interested.

You should take whatever I have to say about any fancy drink with a grain of salt. Jim and I are the closest of cruise friends, but he gets so frustrated by my lack of sophisitcation. We truly are the Odd Couple, the country hick and the sophisticated New Yorker. Fancy French Champagne or cheap sparkling wine, it all tastes the same to me, and I couldn't remember a label unless I took a picture of it.

Archived