Sailing Majesty on Monday 6/25??

Majesty of the Seas is scheduled to sail out of the Port of Miami, on Monday, June 25. The Miami Heat victory parade is also scheduled for Monday, June 25. Some of the victory parade festivities will take place in the downtown Miami area and include streets that provide access to the Port of Miami.

Since we are expecting extremely heavy traffic in the area, we ask that guests who are scheduled to sail on Majesty of the Seas on June 25 provide ample time to arrive at the port for boarding. The ship's 4:30 p.m. departure will not be delayed due to traffic. As a reminder, all guests must be checked in and onboard the ship 60 minutes prior to sail time.

From RC's Facebook Page...

As I stated on another thread, the Miami downtown/Brickell area will be in chaos starting around 9:00 AM and lasting until 11:00 AM (noting that Miami is usually on Cuban time, so consider adding an hour to this). The parade route ends at the basketball arena, which is right next to the port entrance, and speeches outside are supposed to last until 12:30 PM. It will prbably take a while after that to clear out the area. I would suggest anyone trying to get to that ship to come from the north (the parade route is south to north).

Les

As I stated on another thread, the Miami downtown/Brickell area will be in chaos starting around 9:00 AM and lasting until 11:00 AM (noting that Miami is usually on Cuban time, so consider adding an hour to this). The parade route ends at the basketball arena, which is right next to the port entrance, and speeches outside are supposed to last until 12:30 PM. It will prbably take a while after that to clear out the area. I would suggest anyone trying to get to that ship to come from the north (the parade route is south to north).

Les

I'm not on that cruise but THANKS LES for the alert. Hopefully several people will read this.

Tim

Yes, we got the official notice from RC yesterday. Staying in downtown Miami on Sunday night at the Conrad. Any locals here have a suggestion about how early we should get a cab to the pier AND know of any breakfast places in the pier area? Thanks so much!

Yes, we got the official notice from RC yesterday. Staying in downtown Miami on Sunday night at the Conrad. Any locals here have a suggestion about how early we should get a cab to the pier AND know of any breakfast places in the pier area? Thanks so much!
I'm not that familiar with breakfast choices in your area or near the pier (there isn't anything at the pier), other than possibly in the Conrad itself (a beautiful hotel, BTW), the nearby Four Seasons, the Mary Brickell Village area a couple of blocks west of the Conrad or the breakfast buffet at the Hyatt on the left just over the Miami River bridge north of you.

In no traffic, it's 10 minutes from the Conrad to the pier.

The parade is now finally set to begin at 11:00 AM near your hotel. The hotel should be able to confirm unitl when you'll be able to get out.

Les

Archived