TS Debby is freaking me out

sragu01

Hi We are scheduled on the Magic leaving next Sunday, July 1. It looks like the projected track for Debby right now is to be a hurricane and hit the Texas coast Saturday. We are flying into Houston on Saturday morning. If Debby hits Texas will we be able to get into Houston Hobby?

It will be over by then--- it may stall out a bit in the gulf, but once it hits land, it speeds up. Could be in Canada by next week.

if it moves West into Texas it will be pretty hard to move into Canada as we are on the Eastern side of North America. The only way it can hit Canada is if it moves up over Atlantic waters....

Hi We are scheduled on the Magic leaving next Sunday, July 1. It looks like the projected track for Debby right now is to be a hurricane and hit the Texas coast Saturday. We are flying into Houston on Saturday morning. If Debby hits Texas will we be able to get into Houston Hobby?

I think it is to early to answer your question. Do you have travel insurance? Can you change your flights to fly in on Friday?

The National Hurricane Center and all other websites I have been to are showing it taking a westward track straight to Texas by the end of the week. BOO!:mad::mad:

Not BOO. I hope it does head the Texas route. I hope it is packed with moisture (and holds it). And then I hope it makes a b-line to Colorado and dumps that rain on us. We have so many fires - too many.

I do hope your travel plans and cruise aren't affected though.

if it moves West into Texas it will be pretty hard to move into Canada as we are on the Eastern side of North America. The only way it can hit Canada is if it moves up over Atlantic waters....

I mean it travels straight up the continental US and canada gets rains in a few days. Sorry.... Didn't mean the storm would have an epic journey....

The new report is out: the storm is moving NE at 6 MPH

whatever the decision, the people in the know will make any adjustments neccessary to keep the ship and the passengers safe. this includes anything from no change, to inceasing or decreasing your cruise length by sailing later or earlier than scheduled departure, to even a different port of departure. keep in constant contact with carnival, and understand sometimes they do "get it wrong", being a projected path is unpredictable.

and in the event you get any wind that you can cancel, do so! usually, a ship full of disgruntled passengers is worse than any wind a hurricane can produce, especially when ports of call are altered or cancelled.

I love cruising from South Florida cause they can go either way and outrun the storms...I would rather be on a ship than on land without lights, airconditioning for weeks like we were with Wilma

One problem with any Gulf Coast cruise is that there is no where else to go, look at a map....that is how the Legend once did a 7 night cruise with only one port and people were all "mad" and ridiculous, big "protest" in the lobby etc....google it

Ridiculous cause the cruiseline is going to do what they have to do to keep you safe. Also...you booked a cruise during season when you know there might be a storm, you need to remember the cruiseline can't control the weather and will do what is needed to keep people and ship safe

Personally I would pick a south florida cruise cause they can easily reroute, they have many choices ...western cruise becomes eastern,

bahama cruise can go to key west, eastern cruise can go west,

if the bad weather is south they can go to the Bahamas and a private island in Bahamas (Half Moon) and so forth

I wouldn't worry. I'm on the gulf coast of Florida, and we're getting hit with some rain from TS Debby. There is a small craft advisory out and 40 mph winds- but nothing major. I'm just happy that I'm not sailing out of Tampa on the Legend this afternoon.

The 11am report from the National Hurricane Center has TS Debby predicted to start a move to the west by tomorrow morning and the predicted 5 day track has it moving ashore as a Category 1 hurricane in Southern Louisiana Wednesday afternoon into Thursday morning. You Galveston cruiser's might dodge the bullet. New Orleans cruiser's might have a different story.

I just got off the Legend. While Debby stayed to our north, we sailed through a lot of the major rain bands. It was rain, wind, and waves on Saturday. They didn't mention the storm at all, other than at the noon captain's briefing saying they were monitoring the system (it wasn't a storm yet as of noon yesterday). I feel bad for the folks leaving today. Its pouring here in Tampa.

I really think the storm will be a non-issue for you. The Weather Channel was showing how the upper low in the gulf was nudging Debby to the NE a bit and that should help it get picked up by the approaching trough. I think Texas is out of the woods.

This'll end up making landfall in the FL panhandle in two-three days. It then sits over NE FL/SW GA for days bringing major flooding to the region on the GFS, while the Euro drifts it west toward Mobile.

Ensemble modems have the center making landfall a tad east of Alabama.

What a terrible TC to forecast.

You guys are making me feel much better. It does look like the 10am NHC update had better news. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way.

We're sailing with you. Looks like we're in the clear now. Our latest weather update said, "As expected, the National Hurricane Center radically adjusted the forecast track for Tropical Storm Debby. As of now, it should make landfall in Northwest Florida in a few days. No impacts are expected in Texas, with the exception of increased rip currents along the coast."

Archived