Norwegian epic dress codes

Keith.W

Im heading with my parents next week on a med cruise on the epic, im a guy in my early 20"s and was wondering what is considered acceptable in the restraunts etc., is it just Manhattan and le bistro that shorts cant be worn and are jeans OK.

We sailed Epic Christmas 2011. Our 20 year old nephew wore pants once on the ship. He was in shorts most the time. Depends if your family is more formal at meals. We.re a pretty relaxed group.

Epic is a great ship. Have fun.

Thanks we are not that formal, dress up to me is usually throwing on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt/Polo shirt, we usually holiday in Spain, canaries etc were anything goes. Obviously i wouldn't be wearing swim wear and tank top in to the restaraunts but was thinking more along the lines of check/plaid shorts and a nice polo/tshirt etc. But for the main dining, le bistro room nice jeans and polo top

Casual dress is one of the selling points of Freestyle.

You will be fine in the MDR and specialty restaurants for dinner with slacks or nice jeans, collared shirt and closed shoes. Chinos will do fine. Everywhere else, shorts and T shirt are OK.

Have a great time!

You are correct

The only restaurants on Epic with a dress code are Manhattan Room and Le Bistro

Everything else is casual and freestyle. Shorts and jeans accepted everywhere else.

Thanks for the reply, its our first cruise so don't want to be left with been stuck at the buffet

Casual dress is one of the selling points of Freestyle.

You will be fine in the MDR and specialty restaurants for dinner with slacks or nice jeans, collared shirt and closed shoes. Chinos will do fine. Everywhere else, shorts and T shirt are OK.

Have a great time!

Thanks for the reply, would I get away with shorts in the Chinese place, the Italian etc, or should I just play it safe with the Jeans/Chinos.

Say for lunch or breakfast in taste/main dining room is there the dress code.

Would shorts be OK for the bars in the eve

Sorry for all the questions

It will be posted in the Freestyle Daily what is allowed or not allowed in the dining venues. I think you are stressing this too much. You're not sailing Cunard. :D

Shorts and t-shirts are fine anywhere during the day, you can even get into the buffet if your bathing trunks are dry and you have a shirt on.

PLease, don't stress the dress code, Norwegian really doesn't have much of one.

Here's what I found in the official FAQ. I highlighted the relevant parts. The way I read it, you're fine with nice shorts and T shirt everywhere, anytime, except the main dining room and Le Bistro at dinner.

http://www2.ncl.com/faq#packing

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required. Cruise casual is also allowed day and night on embarkation day.

Wear smart casual if you are eating dinner in the aft main dining room (our more formal dining room) and in Le Bistro on cruises over longer than five days. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it’s jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Traditional Bermuda shorts along with long socks, loafers and a blazer are all acceptable on a Bermuda cruise.

We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. You may want to pack a sweater too—air conditioning can be chilly.

It will be posted in the Freestyle Daily what is allowed or not allowed in the dining venues. I think you are stressing this too much. You're not sailing Cunard. :D

Shorts and t-shirts are fine anywhere during the day, you can even get into the buffet if your bathing trunks are dry and you have a shirt on.

PLease, don't stress the dress code, Norwegian really doesn't have much of one.

Thanks, just new to cruising so cant get info information, thanks for all your help

Back today from the Epic. With jeans and polo shirt you are probably under the top 30% dressed for Taste. Never eaten in Manhatten Room but when I passed there the people entering for dinner were more dressed up.

During the evening/night you will see all kind of dressing styles. Dont worry about that, you will hardly attract attention when using common sense.

Here's what I found in the official FAQ. I highlighted the relevant parts. The way I read it, you're fine with nice shorts and T shirt everywhere, anytime, except the main dining room and Le Bistro at dinner.

http://www2.ncl.com/faq#packing

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required. Cruise casual is also allowed day and night on embarkation day.

Wear smart casual if you are eating dinner in the aft main dining room (our more formal dining room) and in Le Bistro on cruises over longer than five days. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it’s jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Traditional Bermuda shorts along with long socks, loafers and a blazer are all acceptable on a Bermuda cruise.

We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. You may want to pack a sweater too—air conditioning can be chilly.

Thank you thats a great help

Back today from the Epic. With jeans and polo shirt you are probably under the top 30% dressed for Taste. Never eaten in Manhatten Room but when I passed there the people entering for dinner were more dressed up.

During the evening/night you will see all kind of dressing styles. Dont worry about that, you will hardly attract attention when using common sense.

Thank you, was the cruise very busy

Archived