Horseshoe Bay or Elbow Beach?

bickee

Maybe some of you can help! DH and I are traveling with our 2 year old son and wondering which of these two beaches would be better. We want a pretty beach, but care more about the crowds and if it's kid friendly. Seems like Horseshoe might be more packed?

I just got back from Bermuda and I would definitely go to Horseshoe first - they have a great "Baby Beach" to the right of the main beach that's perfect for little ones. There was a huge parrot fish that swam around us and loads of other tropical fish - not afraid of us!

Elbow is a beautiful, quiet beach with few amenities. The last time we were there, the waves were a little rough (Horseshoe waves are also pretty rough which is why I would recommend the smaller beach to the right).

Have a great time, we wish we were back!

I just got back from Bermuda and I would definitely go to Horseshoe first - they have a great "Baby Beach" to the right of the main beach that's perfect for little ones. There was a huge parrot fish that swam around us and loads of other tropical fish - not afraid of us!

Elbow is a beautiful, quiet beach with few amenities. The last time we were there, the waves were a little rough (Horseshoe waves are also pretty rough which is why I would recommend the smaller beach to the right).

Have a great time, we wish we were back!

Horseshoe is crowded during the prime hours (9AM - 6PM) because it has the restrooms and other amenities. Jobson's Cove next to Warwick Long Bay is an ideal little bay to take kids with very calm, shallow water and lots of fish to see. The problem is no restrooms or chair rentals but that keeps it very quiet there. So basically 2 choices - Horseshoe, Elbow Resort, or Tobacco to enjoy amenities but crowds as well, or Warwick Long Bay and Jobson's Cove and other spots without the amenities but very peaceful.

We too just returned after a week stay across the road from Warwick Long Bay and can't wait to return.

last june a taxi dropped us at eb resort. the public access had a long flight of stairs i could not navigate. one of the staff got a gardener to give me a ride over to the public side on the JOHN DEERE where we rented chaises and an umbrella. he told us to just let them know when i needed a ride back and to feel free to use the bathroom and shower. the rentals were not in front of the resort...such a gorgeous beach. the waves were up a bit but that is a day by day situation. the beach was very uncrowded...just booked tonight for the13th...may just do the same thing!

I have never been to EB so can't compare the two. We went to Horseshoe several years ago and really enjoyed it. we got there in the afternoon and it was pretty busy, but not overly crowded. We just went to the East end of the beach towards the rocks and pretty much had it to ourselves. We will be going there for just 2 days next years on a repo cruise, but we will be going to Horseshoe for sure. When will you be there?

Archived