Horseshoe Bay or Elbow Beach?

bickee

Maybe some of you can help! DH and I are traveling with our 2 year old son and wondering which of these two beaches would be better. We want a pretty beach, but care more about the crowds and if it's kid friendly. Seems like Horseshoe might be more packed?

Horseshoe Bay is the most crowded spot on the island after 10AM on busy ship days. I would normally suggest Warwick Long Bay just 1 bus stop east of Horseshoe because it is as beautiful but much less crowded. But with a 2 year old you'll want to have chair rentals and restrooms available and Warwick Long Bay does not have any facilities, just a vendor selling dogs and drinks.

The public section of Elbow Beach has no amenities either. You can go to the Elbow Beach Resort section of the beach and rent chairs and umbrellas and they have drinks and restrooms there but it is very, very expensive.

So unfortunately it looks like Horseshoe is the right choice for you. But if you walk away from the facilities you will have more privacy. Also Google the Bermuda cruise ship calendar (very helpful), if there aren't 3 or 4 ships in port Horseshoe will be less busy.

All are beautiful beaches, just depends on the experience you're looking for.

We used the bus daily and dropped more cruisers at Elbow than I expected. But nothing like Horseshoe. When were at EB last it was pretty quiet and a great spot for an evening cocktail.

Google the resort and Mickey's and you can get a better feel for the Elbow Beach resort. Also reviews and pics on TA.

I know this is my third post. I have been to both of these beaches multiple times.

We brought our children to these beaches when they were young.

All I can say is the favorite one for all of us was Horseshoe Bay Beach.

Keith

Don't give up the chance to see Horseshoe Bay, it's beautiful. If it's crowds you are worried about then walk further down the beach to your left

The west end of Horseshoe is less busy because there are no amenities there and it's a long walk back to the restrooms and food. Might better just head for Warwick Long Bay in that case.

Bickee I think Elbow is the right spot for what you are looking for. Have a great beach day!

I know the OP ask about Elbow Beach and Horesehoe Bay but there is anpother possibility for a 2 year old.....Shelley Bay. It is not usually crowded since it is off the tourist radar as one of the must do beaches. It has calm shallow water, beach rentals, snackbar and playgound. One would have to go to Hamilton then get a #10 or 11 bus.

http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_00000e.htm

Horseshoe Bay is the most crowded spot on the island after 10AM on busy ship days. I would normally suggest Warwick Long Bay just 1 bus stop east of Horseshoe because it is as beautiful but much less crowded. But with a 2 year old you'll want to have chair rentals and restrooms available and Warwick Long Bay does not have any facilities, just a vendor selling dogs and drinks.

The public section of Elbow Beach has no amenities either. You can go to the Elbow Beach Resort section of the beach and rent chairs and umbrellas and they have drinks and restrooms there but it is very, very expensive.

So unfortunately it looks like Horseshoe is the right choice for you. But if you walk away from the facilities you will have more privacy. Also Google the Bermuda cruise ship calendar (very helpful), if there aren't 3 or 4 ships in port Horseshoe will be less busy.

All are beautiful beaches, just depends on the experience you're looking for.

Could you please tell exactly how much is a day pass at Elbow Beach resort?

Thank you very much in advance.

Could you please tell exactly how much is a day pass at Elbow Beach resort?

Thank you very much in advance.

Elbow Beach is free, public access. I think the only beach in Bermuda that charges an entrance fee is the man-made beach at the Dockyard.

Elbow Beach is free, public access. I think the only beach in Bermuda that charges an entrance fee is the man-made beach at the Dockyard.

Sorry, but I asked about Elbow Beach Resort DAY PASS. "blue_water" said: "The public section of Elbow Beach has no amenities either. You can go to the Elbow Beach Resort section of the beach and rent chairs and umbrellas and they have drinks and restrooms there but it is very, very expensive".

Please clarify.

Elbow Beach has 2 sections - one is for public access (there is access just to the west of the hotel), and the other is for hotel guests and those using their facilities (Mickey's, etc). The public section is beautiful but has no rentals. We've visited the resort and enjoyed cocktails there but never rented chairs there. Many resorts offer chair rentals when it doesn't interfere with their guests experience. I've asked the resort if they offer a day pass of any kind and I'll post their response.

Snorkel Park in Dockyard does charge an entrance fee, all other beaches are free.

Elbow Beach has 2 sections - one is for public access (there is access just to the west of the hotel), and the other is for hotel guests and those using their facilities (Mickey's, etc). The public section is beautiful but has no rentals. We've visited the resort and enjoyed cocktails there but never rented chairs there. Many resorts offer chair rentals when it doesn't interfere with their guests experience. I've asked the resort if they offer a day pass of any kind and I'll post their response.

Here is the reply from the Elbow Beach Resort -

We do offer Spa Cabanas for the day from 10am to 5pm. In which you will be able to have access to the beach, pool, spa and our restaurants. The Cabana's are priced at $400 for the day, equipped with a flat screen TV, complimentary fruit basket, bottled water and sodas, your own bathroom and shower facility as well as a cabana host to assist you with your needs.

Archived