Question about the veranda suites (VH-VD) on the Oosterdam

cricri7

Hi!

I am currently looking at a special on the Oosterdam for this August. The special is for the VH veranda suites. The price is really interesting, I am travelling solo so I pay double the price, but the location of the cabin frightens me a little. They are located over the Vista lounge. Has anyone stayed in one of those cabins? Do you really hear the music? I go to sleep early, before midnight, so I was wondering about the soundproofing of those rooms.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Hi!

I am currently looking at a special on the Oosterdam for this August. The special is for the VH veranda suites. The price is really interesting, I am travelling solo so I pay double the price, but the location of the cabin frightens me a little. They are located over the Vista lounge. Has anyone stayed in one of those cabins? Do you really hear the music? I go to sleep early, before midnight, so I was wondering about the soundproofing of those rooms.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

I just checked the photos and comments from all the CC members who have stayed in any of the Deck 4 staterooms above the Showroom At Sea and the only mention is from Noordam, VF 4022, which is 8-10 staterooms aft of the VH's. I think there will be no noise problems from below in the Showroom:)

QUOTE "VF 4022 - steel sided verandah on Deck 4 - ms Noordam. My sister and I loved the cabin, the location and the privacy and roominess that the verandah offered. One drawback if you are a light sleeper would be the late night rehearsals from the below theaters. While my sister and I could hear voices/music near the bathroom /closet area, this was silenced once we turned on my "white noise" machine. However, my brother was staying in the same cabin location on the opposite side of the ship, and he could hear the singers/music loud and clear! He did not have a "white noise" machine to cover the noise. He at first thought the singing was coming from the cabin next door, and proceeded to bang on the wall. lol When that didn't do the trick, he called the purser to complain. He was told it was the performers practicing for an upcoming show. Shortly thereafter, the singing stopped. The next day, a chocolate covered strawberry plate was delivered to his stateroom.

Cruise Critic Member: CruiseManiac" UNQUOTE

Joanie

Thank you guys!

I know that there is a chance that I will be upgraded, especially since there are only 2 cabins left in those categories, but you never know. I asked the question but I was pretty sure I would get the answer that there could be noise from the showroom. Now I just have to ask myself if I take the chance to get a veranda for that price, they come rarely, or an inside and getting a sound sleep.....I am going to Bermuda on the Veendam next Sunday and am planning on booking before coming back so I still have time to think it over!

As a solo cruiser myself I would go for it...I never travel without ear plugs anyhow..and there are some pretty small size travel white noise machines I've been thinking about buying too...a good nites sleep is important to me too...but I think you can usually block out the worst of the noise...

Thank you guys!

I know that there is a chance that I will be upgraded, especially since there are only 2 cabins left in those categories, but you never know. I asked the question but I was pretty sure I would get the answer that there could be noise from the showroom. Now I just have to ask myself if I take the chance to get a veranda for that price, they come rarely, or an inside and getting a sound sleep.....I am going to Bermuda on the Veendam next Sunday and am planning on booking before coming back so I still have time to think it over!

You are very smart, go for it, its a great price, in a nice cabin, what more could you ask for.

I am still comparing with the Celebrity Infinity, an inside however, for many hundreds less. I cruise 3 or 4 times a year but I still have a budget to respect. There is also a special for an inside on the Westerdam and Oosterdam. I am hesitating between those specials.....I know the special will probably be gone when I come back from Bermuda but I can't buy everything at the same time!

This is why the Veranda is bugging at me but I still did not buy it.

Thanks!

Archived