Panama City overnight?

We will be cruising out of Colon, Panama and thought we'd spend the night before in Panama City. Any hotel suggestions?

We are thinking of using My Friend Mario to take us to see the Gatun Locks on the way to the Pier.

Any feedback is appreciated. There will be 2 of us.

We will be cruising out of Colon, Panama and thought we'd spend the night before in Panama City. Any hotel suggestions?

We are thinking of using My Friend Mario to take us to see the Gatun Locks on the way to the Pier.

Any feedback is appreciated. There will be 2 of us.

We used My Friend Mario for airport-hotel transfer, Gatun Locks excursion, and hotel-port transfer and were very pleased.

Trying to remember the hotel we stayed at but I can't recall. Seems it was either a Marriott, Hilton or Hyatt, and I *think* it may have been the one that RC uses if you book your hotel/transfers through them, but we booked it on our own because we wanted to stay 2 nights instead of 1 and we got a better rate booking on our own anyway.

The reason I am asking is that we were very pleased with pepnding one night downtown at the Doubletree pre curise and 2 days after at the Country Inn & Suites by the canal.

This way you can enjoy the downtown area but also the relazing views at the canal. It is a relative long way to Panama so why not take the extra time.

BTW, if you stay at the Country Inn & Suites be certain you book a room with the canal view and as high up as possible.

Archived