Upgrade question

Hopefully somebody will know the answer to this. I have paid for a Cat. I Outside cabin on FOS for August. On the Royal website, balcony guarantees have become available for another $100. Is it possible to upgrade to a guarantee cabin after final payment? I know that it is possible to upgrade, but what about a cabin guarantee? We also used a savings certificate and I will assume that this will apply as well. If anybody has any knowledge or experience with this, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I think i remember seeing somewhere that you cant do this, but you can pay the difference to upgrade to a regular cabin assignment. Since I'm not 100% sure, I would call RCL and confirm.

Agree with this response and strongly suggest a direct call either to your TA (if you used one) or RCI to confirm options. (RCI can assist either way with the right answers). The two questions I see are with it being a guarantee v. standard rate and the use of a savings certificate with the original booking - not sure if that transfers to a guarantee rate. Upgrades are certainly available after final payment but there are restrictions. Don't rely on CC - call RCI.

Problem solved. My wife (who is a TA but doesn't do cruises), called our TA (same company) and she upgraded us from Cat. I Outside to a balcony guarantee. Savings cert. was transferrable. Cost us $100. My sister and her hubby is traveling with us and their upgrade cost them $60 with a MA state discount (we live in CT). Within minutes, the TA called my wife with cabin assignments! Deck 6 hump balcony's with the 2 cabins next to each other! I just assumed we'd be at opposite ends of the ship Wow! What a great day!

Problem solved. My wife (who is a TA but doesn't do cruises), called our TA (same company) and she upgraded us from Cat. I Outside to a balcony guarantee. Savings cert. was transferrable. Cost us $100. My sister and her hubby is traveling with us and their upgrade cost them $60 with a MA state discount (we live in CT). Within minutes, the TA called my wife with cabin assignments! Deck 6 hump balcony's with the 2 cabins next to each other! I just assumed we'd be at opposite ends of the ship Wow! What a great day!

Good for you! Enjoy your cruise.

Hopefully somebody will know the answer to this. I have paid for a Cat. I Outside cabin on FOS for August. On the Royal website, balcony guarantees have become available for another $100. Is it possible to upgrade to a guarantee cabin after final payment? I know that it is possible to upgrade, but what about a cabin guarantee? We also used a savings certificate and I will assume that this will apply as well. If anybody has any knowledge or experience with this, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Yes, you can upgrade to the balcony guarantee after final payment by paying the price difference.

Congrats!

Archived