Oasis or Reflection

Been Going back and forth with this decision and I think I am now overthinking it and it is driving me crazy. Booked RCCL Oasis, for Dec 2012, then a few months later switched to Celebrity Reflection, then a few moths after that swithched back to Oasis. They both sound like great ships but I want to make the right choice, we have been looking forward to the December vacation for a long time and I don't want to make a mistake. We are both in our 40's, we are bring our 2 children 5, and 10 years old. The 4 of us have been all over the Caribbean since they were born. We enjoy staying at the nicer hotels on quiet islands, eating well with good service. The kids are never bored and are usually more behaved than some of the adults we see on these trips. We have decided to give the children a new experience by taking a cruise instead of our usual island getaway. Oasis seems like what a first time cruise for the children should be like but Reflection seems like it would be what we are use to on our island trips just on sea. Please Help, thank You in advance.

With the ages of your children, your family is better off on the Oasis since RCI focuses their vacation programs to the entire family. I have yet to be on a Celebrity cruise but based on what I've read on the Celebrity boards, it appears that their fleets are more geared for adults. On the Oasis, the Boardwalk, the splash zones and the children's program will keep your kids occupied while you and your spouse relax.

Best wishes on your decision and have fun! :)

I had the same problem, except with Allure and Reflection. In the end, we decided on Allure. Mostly because they have more "fun" things to do on the ship and I felt like the role call that I had been reading (for the week we planned to go), there was a big difference in our age groups and I didn't think we would have a lot in common with the majority of the passengers on the Reflection.

I would recommend the Oasis, but only because your trip is a family cruise. We’ve sailed the Allure (like the Oasis) and the Solstice (like the Reflection) and think the children would have a fantastic time on the Oasis. Now - for when you cruise without the children, Celebrity would be my suggestion.

enjoy

M

I too say Oasis. I would recommend Reflection if you were going without the kids. They will be amazed by the Oasis...although you might be spoiling them by taking them on the Oasis for their first. :D:)

Archived