Are future cruise certificates refundable?

I bought two over spring break planning to rebook next year. The family wants to try another line and I'm not seeing any RCCL cruises in several years future. Can I return them for a refund?

If you bought NextCruise certificates where you decide on a particular sailing later, generally, they are not refundable.

Yes, they are refundable.

Apply it to a cruise and then in a week cancel that cruise and the credit will be applied back on your credit card.

I am holding a couple, but don't need to get rid of them,... but should I, I thought you get a refund but less the deposit put down on the next cruise. yes/no?

Attached are terms and conditions..not refundable

Royal Caribbean NextCruise Terms and Conditions

1. You can apply the value of your NextCruise account against the cost of a Royal Caribbean International cruise. A NextCruise Booking is not valid on any other cruise lines including any other affiliates of Royal Caribbean International.

2. A minimum of one person per booking must be 21 years of age or older and all guest(s) must satisfy Royal Caribbean International's requirements for passage.

3. Pricing, availability and dining time to be determined at time of selection of ship and sailing date and is subject to change.

4. Final payment is due 50 days prior for 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 night sailings; 70 days prior for 6 or more night sailings and 90 days prior for holiday sailings. (These refund dates are subject to change without notice.) If ship and sailing date is selected within the final payment period, full balance will be due immediately.

5. Full Names are required at time of booking. Changes to the reservation may be permitted, subject to availability and any other restrictions and applicable cancellation changes. At least one name on the original booking must remain the same.

6. This confirmation is non-refundable and has no cash value.

7. To apply your NextCruise account balance against a specific ship and sailing date contact your Travel Agent.

8. Your NextCruise account balance cannot be used for cruises chartered by third parties and may not be used for certain customized group programs (i.e., value add groups).

9. Your NextCruise account balance is not redeemable for cash.

10. If your NextCruise account balance is applied to an actual ship and sailing date, and then the booking cancels, the guest may request a refund, less the value of the initial NextCruise deposit.

This thread just goes to prove how consistent at being INCONSISTENT RCI really is.

The NextCruise certificate specifically says "Why Not Decide Later deposits are non-refundable and carry no expiration date. Please see back page for additional terms and conditions"

but obviously some people have had luck getting their deposit refunded so its debatable at best.

I know it says its non-refunandable, etc but I got a full refund and here is the email from the RC representative.

"Thanks for choosing Royal Caribbean Kerianne and I'm sorry that you could not cruise with us this time. Youhad some concerns about our cancellation policy and I hope this will putyour worries to rest. You will be receiving a 100% refund of all moniesapplied to the reservation. The only time that the monies are non-refundableare when the booking dose not have a ship and sail date. I have includedour policies below so that you can read what it says.

Do cancellation penalties apply?

Once converted to an actual ship and saildate, the normal cancellation policies apply. The deposit is only non refundable whileit is a NC booking.

$100 per person non-refundable*deposit (Suites excluded; 200% Suite deposit requirement applies) (*oncethe NC booking is converted to an actual ship and sail date, normal cancellationpolicies apply.

Kindest Regards

Rich Taylor

Cruise Representative

Royal Caribbean Intl.

Springfield Oregon Contact Center"

Archived